Account Suspended

beeso9
Community Member

Hi All,
I created a business account yesterday and after adding all the details and going through all verifications and creating my first listing, today I received a message that the account got Permanently Suspended.
There were no details except "due to activities that put our community at risk"
I have no idea what could be the reason and I've been trying to reach support, going around in circles between the auto assistant that advises to send an email.
I sent emails but they all come back with the same auto reply "Account Permanently suspended"
Can someone please advise what can be done to reach a real human and explain and resolve this issue ? 

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Account Suspended

I had the same thing happen around two years ago. Set up a new selling account and had it " permanently suspended " as soon as I listed my first item - reason " to keep the ebay community safe ".  

It turned out to be a technical issue with ebay's automated systems. Took a couple of very frustrating weeks but finally got onto an Australian Ebay rep. ( yes they still exist in very small numbers despite what many believe ) who sorted it for me. I had to work through one of my older, larger selling accounts which had sold around $400k to get a result though. If you havnt got that long term selling history it may be pretty difficult to get anywhere.

The Ebay rep. even threw in free store fees for the first year to make up for the frustration. . The new selling account has worked perfectly ever since.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Account Suspended

what were you selling?

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Account Suspended

Most probably what you listed,  or has one of your other accounts being doing dodgy things,  they ban all your accounts than

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Account Suspended

As mentioned, it could be what you listed, but normally you'd get a couple of warnings and short suspensions before it goes permanent. It really does depend on the item though.

Has anyone else in your house been suspended for any reason? If they have, that's your problem. If your teenager got suspended, then ALL accounts in the house will be suspended, regardless of who owns them. 

Sadly, when it comes to ebay, a permanent suspension is life without parole. Unless you move house and get a new internet provider, there is absolutely nothing you can do to get the suspension lifted.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear, sorry.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Account Suspended

I had the same thing happen around two years ago. Set up a new selling account and had it " permanently suspended " as soon as I listed my first item - reason " to keep the ebay community safe ".  

It turned out to be a technical issue with ebay's automated systems. Took a couple of very frustrating weeks but finally got onto an Australian Ebay rep. ( yes they still exist in very small numbers despite what many believe ) who sorted it for me. I had to work through one of my older, larger selling accounts which had sold around $400k to get a result though. If you havnt got that long term selling history it may be pretty difficult to get anywhere.

The Ebay rep. even threw in free store fees for the first year to make up for the frustration. . The new selling account has worked perfectly ever since.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Account Suspended

arctoph_49
Community Member

If you didn't do anything wrong (anything that has been mentioned in this thread), don't give up and you might win in the end, like chameleon.

I agree that they should give people the chance to know what they did wrong. I have seen so many people totally confused, really having no idea why their account had been suspended.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Account Suspended

As has been mentioned - it may not even be the fault of the OP.

If a family member has had a problem it will impact on all family members in the same household.

To add - I think if one account has been permanently suspended - all accounts are suspended.

I could be wrong.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Account Suspended

@domino-710 wrote:

To add - I think if one account has been permanently suspended - all accounts are suspended.

I could be wrong.

I thought so too. The OP can still use the account he used to post here though. Maybe it takes a few days.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Account Suspended

@domino-710 wrote:

As has been mentioned - it may not even be the fault of the OP.

If a family member has had a problem it will impact on all family members in the same household.

I could be wrong.

You are correct. If one person in the house gets suspended, everyone in the house gets suspended. It prevents people from trying to create a new account to get around the suspension. The only way around it is to move house and get a new internet provider. A lot of the blocks are done using the IP address.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Account Suspended

I really meant not only other members of the household but any account associated with that IP address.

Meaning all accounts held by the suspended and others.

So not exactly sure what Chameleon is going on about - usually there is no discussion - the email is sent and no discussion held.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply