Almost Done Ebay

When my listings end, I will no longer be a seller. I thought it would be fun to try selling on Ebay, but it's not!! Abuse, grief being ripped off and top fees to Ebay.Rude buyers that want the earth for the price of a stamp.

Ebay make more than me and don't have to put any effort in, but they have their stores and don't need me. Once I finish selling I also finish buying.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Almost Done Ebay

Ebay make more than me and don't have to put any effort in

Are you serious? No effort?

What do you want them to do? They provide the selling platform for you to sell your items. It's not their fault if you aren't doing well.

It's no different to someone who owns a shopping center. They rent out the spaces and are hardly to blame if the businesses who rent them don't do well.

It also doesn't help when eBay sellers don't follow eBay suggestions to list items.

Look at some of your listings. You haven't even bothered to turn your photo's the correct side up, there's no measurements, you don't mention the material, washing instructions etc.

Effort? Pot kettle black.

Doesnโ€™t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

arnl7178 says, "It's not their (eBay's) fault if you aren't doing well."

errr umm, how about you read the June sales thread?

And, BTW, for a seller to show 520 sales and 100% feedback, they must be doing a LOT right on their part.

It's clear something is seriously wrong with eBay now.

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

I understand what you're saying weducational2 (I just read your other post, & think it's very informative) but in regards to this OP, I completely stand by what I said.

Doesnโ€™t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

I'm with arnl on this one - lazy listings with no measurements and sideways photos just have me hitting the back button. If you're going to sell at least make your photos and descriptions as attractive and informative as possible!

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

Once I finish selling I also finish buying.

This is the bit that worries me.... I am seeing it much more often

...... If you are wondering what is happening to your sales then wonder no more. For many casual members

no sales means no purchases

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

Fix your photo's

Put the measurements in

Reduce your prices as way OTT & one of them is the most expensive listed on ebay at the moment.

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

apart from the lazy listing, buyers are sometimes wary of sellers who list ordinary everyday items as ''private'' auctions

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

Foxy can you tell me which listing is the most expensive on Ebay at the moment so that I can remove it. 

am17178 You have made a point about my listings, they could be better, although I feel that you could have delivered your comments in a better manner.

trulyspecialcomment.....lazy listings...point taken...no more listings... I will remove my listings except for the one that has a bid on. Thanks for your comments.

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

Folks, sometimes people just really need to vent and let some steam off, eh? They get frustrated and overwhelmed and they just need to vent. They don't always need immediate criticism, even though it may be constructive and trying to help. Sometimes people just need a chance to vent and then a little time to cool down, or anything said seems like an attack rather than help.

onei, from memory, your listings finish in a few days anyway, I reckon you should leave them there now that they're up - you may get a few last minute nibbles.

In the meantime, maybe once this week is over, come back and if you feel you need it, ask for advice as to what you could perhaps try to do better at to help you improve your sales and customer comments etc.

There are many, many very wise and experienced people here who are also very generous with their time and knowledge and would like to help you to do well.

BTW, I read your feedback comments, and it seems to me that your buyers have a great opinion of you and your service. So it is possible this is just a rough week or so, eh?

I hope that things look a bit better for you as the new week approaches.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 10 of 30
Latest reply