Another sendle cautionary tale

Just to add to the discussion about Sendle's poor service. I've used them previously around 10 times without issue, I actually thought the service was quite good and a bit cheaper than AusPost. The other week I sold an item and had it listed for Sendle pick up on the Monday. Monday came and went - no one arrived. Contacted Sendle who advised it'll be picked up automatically the next day - Tuesday came and went, still nothing. Same advice, and yet still a third day with nothing to be picked up. After Wednesday being the third day I contacted eBay who advised the parcel had to have pick up rescheduled - at no point was this communicated to me in any form which was disappointing. So I thought maybe that's where the issue was, apparently you have to go to the 'manage labels' section and go from there to reschedule. So I did that - Thursday at 2pm still nothing. I just decided I had enough, cancelled the label and took it to Australia Post. I used Sendle about 10 times before that without issue but the amount of hassle this caused me has pushed me right back to Australia Post. Never again! Still no explanation as to why no one ever showed up for FOUR days other than a 'sorry, we were really busy'.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Another sendle cautionary tale

@domino-710 wrote:

Well - you must be very special.

Delivery partner operating hours

Our delivery partners typically pickup and deliver parcels Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm. However, parcels won’t be picked up or delivered during public state holidays.

The bit in red - is the ' typically ' bit.

The bit in blue - has no ' typically '.

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

So what? Are you only posting here to try to get a bite, because you certainly aren't adding anything constructive to the conversation.

As I already said, they have that to cover them in cases when a third party courier (who doesn't operate during those hours) is tasked with completing the final leg of the delivery.

Fastway couriers definitely operates on Saturdays, because I've personally witnessed them deliver to me on a Saturday. It is what it is. If you have such difficulty accepting the truth, perhaps this isn't an appropriate place for you to hang out.

Now, how about you stop trying to find a problem which doesn't exist, deal with the facts as they have been presented, and move on.

It's really not that difficult.

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

@lezned-toycollector wrote:

So what? Are you only posting here to try to get a bite, because you certainly aren't adding anything constructive to the conversation.

As I already said, they have that to cover them in cases when a third party courier (who doesn't operate during those hours) is tasked with completing the final leg of the delivery.

Fastway couriers definitely operates on Saturdays, because I've personally witnessed them deliver to me on a Saturday. It is what it is. If you have such difficulty accepting the truth, perhaps this isn't an appropriate place for you to hang out.

Now, how about you stop trying to find a problem which doesn't exist, deal with the facts as they have been presented, and move on.

It's really not that difficult.

I'll post when & where I please.

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

Well, I'm sorry to report that I'm not going to bite, but I too can post random irrelevant statements that contribute nothing to the conversation.

If I want to put pepper on my honey and spaghetti toasted sandwich, then I will.

So there 😜 

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

@lezned-toycollector wrote:

Well, I'm sorry to report that I'm not going to bite, but I too can post random irrelevant statements that contribute nothing to the conversation.

If I want to put pepper on my honey and spaghetti toasted sandwich, then I will.

So there 😜 

What is ' irrelevant ' - about posting - information from the actual site you are - supposedly stating Facts. 

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

Just an aside - I had two packages - finally delivered by Sendle - 2 days - delivery - hello - no way.

Sendle has a consumer rating of 1.36 stars from 247 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases.

At least they arrived.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

Fair enough.

I've never had a requirement to ring Sendle, as I won't use them. Nor have I had many requirements to ring AP. Certainly not with four CURRENT issues.

It amuses me that every time somebody comes on here with a genuine problem, you have a recent experience that contradicts the norm.

There's a name for that, and it's not coincidence.

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

This is really common - one person having majority positive experiences with using Sendle, while others...definitely do not.

Near as I can tell, the primary reason for this is due to the simple fact that Sendle broker to out Fastway and Courier's Please, which means consistency of the collection / delivery service part very much relies on who deals with the parcels in a given area (that is, while one franchised outlet of Fastway may provide stellar service consistently, another one will not). In some ways, the same applies to Aus Post - I get fantastic service at my local PO, I know them well, they understand my needs and go out of their way to help me save money, while I have spoken to other sellers who have experienced being treated like absolute garbage at their local, and even lied to about which services they have to use (making them pay extra for parcels), seems to be more likely to occur at LPOs, where their profits are determined by things like that, but it happens at official outlets, as well.

It is constant no matter where you look - I'm in multiple seller groups on Facebook, and every single time someone says something like "I'm thinking about using Sendle, what's everyone else's experience with them?" guaranteed the replies will be a mix of "fantastic, can't recommend them enough" and "awful, worst service ever" with a smattering of "they're ok, had a couple of problems but most packages were delivered fine". 

This could be applied to any delivery service, in point of fact - same thing happens when someone mentions TNT, Toll, DHL etc - I like DHL as I've never had a bad delivery experience with them, but even a cursory glance online will reveal others have had horrendous experiences, which I don't doubt just because I've never experienced the same.  My own experiences with Sendle have been exclusively as a recipient and I had no issues, but I've friends that had terrible experiences (also as recipients, and with customer service who were of no assistance at all). 

People can make whatever decision they like about which services they use, and if any one of them provide the best service they've ever had - great, but that initial decision is best made as a fully informed one, and no single delivery service, or their respective customer service, is without some well-deserved criticism.

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Wow I didn't realise posting my genuine experience would result in such juvenile discussion by some people. Like I said, I was previously happy to use them and had used them numerous times without issue. However, missing the delivery date and then promising on 3 occasions that it will be picked up the next day, only to have no one pick it up over a 4 day period is unacceptable. Without any explanation and just being continuously told the same thing over and over again. Also without having the option to drop it off to a parcel drop off service either is pretty **bleep**. And again - I waited hours on chat for a response since there was no available phone number. Happy to send you chat screenshots where they apologise for the large delay in responding to me only to give me the same spiel that it will be 'picked up the next day' since that's so hard for you to believe. Australia Post has it's flaws, but at least when there has been issues, their support has always solved my issue and not screwed me around for days on end. Sendle's support was non-existent. Mistakes and screw ups can happen - totally understand that, it's how the issues are remedied that matters and unfortunately there was no remedy or customer support whatsoever. 

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

Good for you that you're happy - so was I, until there was an issue and I received no support. . I'm not part of any anti sendle brigade and I've never made a post on the community boards in my life until now because I was so shocked at how awful the customer support was that I thought I'd offer others my experience as a caution . I've been selling on ebay for years and I'm happy to provide you copies of the chat where sendle hadn't responded for hours if you'd like some proof since it's so unbelievable to you. Do you really think I come on here just to make up lies about a company? Very juvenile response.

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply