Anyone Else Get This Special Email

eBay
Due to a system error, some of your final value fees were not accurately collected.
Hi Helen,
During the month of October, we experienced a system error that under calculated some of your final value fees. To adjust for this error, you will see the missing final value fees listed on your next invoice. Click ???? for more information and to view your invoice. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. At this point, there is no action that you need to take. However, you will be able to see the accurate final value fees reflected on your account status page in approximately 3-5 business days.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Looks like it is time to batten down the hatches....I suspect there will be plenty of irate sellers coming to the boards when they get this email.Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

And if it isn't bad enough that sales are slow with most sellers then to find out that they owe ebay even more on fees, yikes.Woman Frustrated

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Last month (Sep-Oct) they ran a special on FVF's so I'd say that it's to do with that.

The period of the offer was probably exceeded due to iffy programming and now they are adjusting.

You'll probably need to check that your FVF's in your last invoice have been calculated correctly but given the terrible sales that shouldn't be too onerous (there probably won't be too many items involved)..

Just add up your non discounted sales and postage for Oct and apply your percentage FVF rate.

The amount this differs by from the amount of FVF's charged to your Oct invoice should be the adjustment amount.

If you are using eXcel then the ifSum function is pretty useful for things like this.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

I got it too. I wonder if EVERY seller will get it?

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

I got it on my main account; don't seem to have got it on this or the other.

I checked my Sep-Oct invoice and everything was correct. I'm wondering what the actual time period was. I hope they do charge me extra for their mistake. I will then suggest that I charge them for not yet updating the postage calculator, even though it's been 6 weeks (and they know, at least for eBay labels, what the new prices are).

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

I too got it on my main account but not the 2 smaller ones.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

No email for me but will check my invoice anyway

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

When I make a mistake eBay make me pay for it

Whenever eBay make a mistake, eBay make me pay for it!

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply