Anyone Else Noticed Drop Off In Sales Since New Top Rated Seller Program?

Has anyone else noticed a drop in sales since the new program took effect? Only about 1/4 to 1/3 of my listings qualify for the new Premium Seller because I can't offer Free Post due the cost. I've noticed a pretty BIG drop in sales which I put down to my items now being virtually invisable. If this keeps up it won't be worth it anymore.

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Anyone Else Noticed Drop Off In Sales Since New Top Rated Seller Program?

That's fantastic.

Something weird has happened over the past few days for me.  It makes me think of the throttling thing that people speak of.

I had no sales from Monday until now (Thursday).  All of a sudden this morning I've had four sales from different people, on wildly different products.  Strange...

Message 51 of 53
Latest reply

And clarry, good work on your own website!  It's a great feeling when it makes sales, isn't it?  Knowing you get a little bit more per sale for your efforts and seeing it show up in Google and stuff.

Message 52 of 53
Latest reply

In response to krisn01:

Since replying to this thread originally in 2013, I rebuilt my business from the ground up. New name, new logos, new designs, new website, everything!

I closed my eBay store in June for a little over a month. I'm just opened shop again, with a quarter of what I was selling. And selling quite well considering lack of listings.

I now focus on all handmade items,  made by me. I try and keep everything as original as possible, that way you are limiting your competition.

Selling things that other people have, regardless of how great you think yours is over someone elses, is limiting your sales potential. I have found that most people will still choose price over anything else. People will wait a month to get it from China if they can get it cheaper. So make your listing stand out.

Offer people something they haven't seen before, or find a way of boosting your business. Advertise, websites, facebook etc.

I have a well established website, a facebook page, eBay, I do local Markets in the Blue Mountains, and will be taking my handmade items over to Etsy shortly.

If selling is just a hobby, then I'm not sure why you are concerned with how well sales are going? Effort needs to be made, including time and sacrifice to do well on eBay with all their policies and changes. Success can happen with the aforementioned points.

Etsy is strictly for handmade, art and craft items, as clarry pointed out. So not suited for your items. 
Realising just how many sellers and listings there are on eBay indicates why some do well and some don't. Take time with your listings. Make it something that people want to click on. Work on your titles for better search results.

It all comses down to how much time and effort you put into your listings.

eBay can't make everyones listings come up number one all the time. So doing the best you can at making your listings visible is key. And note that some days your listings may not be as visible as you'd like.

So to sum up. Make your listings stand out, offer things that aren't already all over eBay, add some time, effort and things will work in your favour.

Message 53 of 53
Latest reply