Anyone Else Noticed Drop Off In Sales Since New Top Rated Seller Program?

Has anyone else noticed a drop in sales since the new program took effect? Only about 1/4 to 1/3 of my listings qualify for the new Premium Seller because I can't offer Free Post due the cost. I've noticed a pretty BIG drop in sales which I put down to my items now being virtually invisable. If this keeps up it won't be worth it anymore.

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

I actually don't think the best match search results have changed yet.  I only have a few listings that qualify for the premium seller badging and their placement on best match search have not changed at all.  If I search anything by best match, the premium seller items are not at the top (yet).  I know that the TRS baqdge has gone, but sales have been the same for me.

Message 2 of 53
Latest reply

My sales are about what they were before I was a TRS and after I was a TRS, so no real change here.

Message 3 of 53
Latest reply

95 % of my listings now qualify for the premium badge,and yet my items have dropped about 8 pages in the search engine and i am now hardly getting a sale.

Is this the reward ebay promised us for doing what they ask ?

Message 4 of 53
Latest reply

Spoiler

ebay has clearly focused on buyers too much and have left their sellers in the cold, Im actually getting more sales on my own website than ebay now with cheaper overheads..when ebay first come out it was the best idea ever, It now seems all ebay tries to do is make it harder to sell by making sellers charge very high postage rates and all the listing restrictions etc and to finally take the cake the strike system lol what a joke...buyers dont care.....but one thing I have noticed is that the people that come to my website actually buy things and are fantastic customers so Im in two minds with ebay ATM

Message 5 of 53
Latest reply

Same here. I've had a massive drop in sales since updating my listings for the top rated seller program. My sales are down by well over 60%. I'm not sure what to do now... if this program has reduced my sales then perhaps I should opt out?

Message 6 of 53
Latest reply

I left mine the same as they were previously, which means they don't comply with TRS+. No changes to my sales. Mind you I only got TRS last month.

Message 7 of 53
Latest reply

I haven't changed any thing to meet the new requirements and sales have been ticking along nicely. On this account, they are actually better than in the past.

Message 8 of 53
Latest reply

Mine are, month on month, much better than last year. But that has been the case since May, when the new fees came in. Win-win - less costs, more sales.

I only sell books. The exchange rate has resulted in at least two mega-dropshippers adding a buck to their prices. Which still doesn't make my prices less than theirs, just not as much more. Maybe the bit in all my titles about the books being located in Australia helps. Maybe those who didn't do the sums and pulled their listings helped. All I know is that I have gone from 20-30 sales per month to 50+. And I am not unhappy.

Message 9 of 53
Latest reply

Yes, I have noticed a dramatic drop over the last two days. I rang eBay yesterday and I have just rung again. My listings were always showing on the first page, now I have to go to page 6 to see just two of my listings. I have changed all my listings to meet the ebay premium service. I noticed on the first page there was a seller selling something similar to me, they are a new seller and don't meet the ebay premium service and have 5 days for their auction to finish, I am wondering how can they be on the first page, when I have one that finishes in 11 hours and is pages away and meets all the criteria plus has good search keywords etc. I have just rung ebay and they couldn't give me an answer, they are going to call me back during the day. So frustrating.

Message 10 of 53
Latest reply