Anyone else having SO much trouble with ebayplus sell and get 100% fees back offer

Took the offer early Aug to join ebayplus and get 100% fees back up to $500 for what I sell in Aug. that have the ebayplus badge. I have now got another  similar offer in my promotions Till Dec 31st. Now spent 3 hours with ebay chats online  who have no idea what it is about and just not trained in much. Did a phone chat  next and they were in USA, got someone new who again did not know anything and near 1 hour later said a supervisor would phone today. Well no I got someone emailing me who did not read anything and asked if my problem was fees as a seller or buyer?? Another email back explaining, and one back that said I had to wait 45 days after it closes as still current!!! still waiting for a reply to that.. 

Has anyone else having problems getting ebay to honor this promotion. 

And if you get any offers keep the email or screen shoot the promo as the ebayplus offers disappear and do not show up in the history. And ebay will play dumb about any such offer it seems. Lucky I have the original email, but I never expected to have to proove to ebay their own offersl and I do not always get emails but the offers show up in my ebay promotions list, and usually stay in the history.

I think ebay is just bothering about forcing us into managed payments  - another story about that not working well -and nothing else. I do not know how and if I get the promised fees back how that will work as with managed payments my account will always be 0

ps Once ebayplus offers finish I will be going back to normal selling as I do not think ebayplus works for selling

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Anyone else having SO much trouble with ebayplus sell and get 100% fees back offer

@justcruising48 wrote:

Took the offer early Aug to join ebayplus and get 100% fees back up to $500 for what I sell in Aug. that have the ebayplus badge. I have now got another  similar offer in my promotions Till Dec 31st. Now spent 3 hours with ebay chats online  who have no idea what it is about and just not trained in much. Did a phone chat  next and they were in USA, got someone new who again did not know anything and near 1 hour later said a supervisor would phone today. Well no I got someone emailing me who did not read anything and asked if my problem was fees as a seller or buyer?? Another email back explaining, and one back that said I had to wait 45 days after it closes as still current!!! still waiting for a reply to that.. 

Has anyone else having problems getting ebay to honor this promotion. 

And if you get any offers keep the email or screen shoot the promo as the ebayplus offers disappear and do not show up in the history. And ebay will play dumb about any such offer it seems. Lucky I have the original email, but I never expected to have to proove to ebay their own offersl and I do not always get emails but the offers show up in my ebay promotions list, and usually stay in the history.

I think ebay is just bothering about forcing us into managed payments  - another story about that not working well -and nothing else. I do not know how and if I get the promised fees back how that will work as with managed payments my account will always be 0

ps Once ebayplus offers finish I will be going back to normal selling as I do not think ebayplus works for selling

if you read the T&C of the offer it says " will be credited in 60 days AFTER promotion ends" - this means in NOV so you will get the refund in the December invoice

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Re: Anyone else having SO much trouble with ebayplus sell and get 100% fees back offer

I think the Ausgust one said 45 days but even 60 days means 31 st Oct. After a 3 hour email chat yesterday and going from 4 different ebay customer people inluding a supervisor finally got another supervisor in managed payments who did know about it and is helping. I have been told they had problems, and the credit was not going to automatically happen, without my notifying them. Had to wonder how so many ebay help people including a supevisor knew nothing about managed payments and said as my September account said 0 it meant I paid no no fees. They did not understand that managed payments means fees come out straight away so acounts will always show 0 now. Gosh it is worry if they have no training on managed payments. 

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@justcruising48 wrote:

so far looks like just the 2 of us took the offer?? Do not hold your breath for the credit to arrive, but I do believe in miracles 

Not just the two of you, I also accepted both offers, and have only received miniscule credits here and there. Currently waiting for a response regarding the rest of the credits they owe me ...

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I avoided this promo completely.  Ebayplus has little to no traction.  I just ran a 90 day sales report, not a single buyer has it.  I personally cancelled my plus membership after it expired.

They've tried hard to promote it, but buyers aren't using it and I don't believe it carries much weight with buyers.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply