Anyone having Trouble with funds on hold

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone is having trouble with funds on hold ?  The moment an item is sold from my shop it has - Funds on Hold: awaiting tracking number and carrier scan, placed on it.  I do not understand this, I have got 3 days marked on my shop for processing etc., which was fine until this week and now this, have not Idea what has changed and did I miss something.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

yep put mine on hold selling silver from perth mint. took a heap of  fees now holding my cash and making interest off it. i will not deal with ebay again. i buy thousands of dollars of **bleep** off ebay. i will not spend another dollar. as soon as my funds are clear. i will shut down account and never use again

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

@charkunz_0 wrote:

yep put mine on hold selling silver from perth mint. took a heap of  fees now holding my cash and making interest off it. i will not deal with ebay again. i buy thousands of dollars of **bleep** off ebay. i will not spend another dollar. as soon as my funds are clear. i will shut down account and never use again

Well you had better end the listing you still have up, as they will go on hold as well.

I guess you didnt read the T&C's that you accepted when you listed your items.

Oh and you were made aware of your fees as well

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

@charkunz_0 wrote:

Ebay is NOT making interest off your funds, it's illegal for them to do so. If they got caught, they would in a power of strife.  It just sits there in limbo.

As for your threat of departure, seriously, no one cares. Especially ebay. They couldn't care if you lived or died. You threatening to leave is not going to get their attention, because they don't even know you exist. I could pretty much guarantee that if we check your account in 6 months, it will still be active. I've lost track of how many people threaten to leave because they don't like something, yet in 6 or 12 months, they are still buying and/or selling.

Speaking of 6 months, did you know it takes a minimum of 6 months to close your account? You might also want to remove your active listing if you are leaving. Having it there will only delay the account closure more.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Buying has nothing to do with your funds not being held

You last feedback as a seller was more than a year ago, meaning you are a new seller, and the terms you agreed to when listing do apply to you

eBay are not going to read your tantrum

They do not make interest off funds on hold (a common comment from those who don't think basic policy should apply to them) Maybe look up basic laws around that chestnut )

You were well aware of the fees when you listed

And the money on hold 

You listed anyway and now discover the terms you agreed to really do apply

You will need to end the item you have listed and wait the usual time period before you are able to close you account

Be sure to let eBay know all this, other member do not care if you use the site or not

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Looking at their feedback, it's probably a good thing if they do shut their account. Given out of the last 25 feedback they received, most have been from Chinese (mostly) and Australian sellers with atrocious feedback. There were a couple with 100%, including one Chinese seller, but most have been from terrible sellers who shouldn't be supported.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply