Ask seller a question

On my selling account, I often get customers asking questions regarding my items (mostly clothing) and when I answer them, I always tick the little box that ask "do you want to post on the listing so other buyers can read" but lately despite ticking this box, none of the questions are being added to the listing. Any ideas as to why?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ask seller a question

Probably an eBay site glitch.

I do remember someone having this problem around 3-6 months ago.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Ask seller a question

hi, I've noticed the same.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Ask seller a question

I think this feature may be retired, or at least hidden until eBay sort out the new Q&A feature, and the option to display Q&A just hasn't been removed from the message system.

A while back, eBay introduced a different option where members could submit questions about items directly from the listing, however the question was actually emailed to other sellers of the item, as well as anyone who bought it previously, and sometimes the seller of the actual item did not receive the question - it was just meant to be a publically posted question, that anyone who sells or purchased the item could answer.

But it caused a lot of issues - questions meant specifically for that one seller were posted (eg combined postage Q's), and due to the email notifications that came through (which didn't explain what was happening well enough), a lot of people assumed the questions were scams or just spam, so that seems to have been put on ice for the time being, too

The introduction of the feature, though, would suggest eBay are primarily thinking about items that are perpetually available in the same condition (i.e. new), from multiple sellers, rather than other scenarios where the feature was handy. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Ask seller a question

At least it's not only me then.....thanks for letting me know

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply