Auction

Hi there.I recently sold some china by auction. I usually use BIN so was pleasantly surprised to receive a bid. However, you guessed it, the buyer hasnt paid yet. How long do I leave it before reminding them to pay and what action do I take if they dont? Any answers appreciated.
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Auction

It is up to you how long you want to wait for them to pay

As far as ebay 'rules' go, once it has hit 4 days (to the hour/minute) you can open an unpaid item dispute. Ebay gives the 'buyer' another 4 days after that and after that 4 days has passed you can then close the case to get your listing fees back

Just be aware there are many many scammers based in that country, it is possible you might get a story about them wanting you to provide bank details etc rather than go through paypal

Far better to be safe than sorry IF they do pay and only accept paypal and only post the item to the address given in paypal

If they don't pay, after you close the case, remember to add them to your blocked buyers list

Good luck, I hope you have a buyer who is simply slow off the mark rather than a time waster

(also there is the option to in future add / tick the immediate payment required on buy it now listings

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Auction

Enig haha OP sold some china not sold to china haha

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Auction

Only been 1 day and like enigma said buyers have upto 4 days to pay before you can open case for non payment.

Looking at the buyers credentials they look ok so don't panic.

Stick to BIN so you don't stress.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Auction

I gotta go to spec savers 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Auction

Yeah thanks for your help. I usually do BIN but dont have immediate payment ticked but I wondered why I wasnt getting any slow payers anymore and got a friend to try to buy one of my items & Ebay has overridden it to make them all immediate payment anyway!

Feel a bit silly thanking people for prompt payment!
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply