Aus post have potentially lost the parcel, not sure what to do

dbenj7
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I sent an item via express post on the 3/7 from Perth to West Ryde, Sydney. It arrived in The Chullora sort facility on the 4/7 and has been no updates since. I have an investigation through Aus post and they cannot validate it's location despite having a tracking number. I have been in contact with the buyer and apologised and advised what has happened. He has said he hasn't received it. It is quite an expensive item and I did not take out insurance (no lectures on this please, lesson learnt), facing being out of pocket considerably. What is the next step if indeed the item is "lost"? Really not sure on what to do next besides pray Aus Post can get their act together.

Processed through Australia Post facility column time and date, 06:44pm Tue 04 Jul CHULLORA NSW

Received by Australia Post column time and date, 11:56am Mon 03 Jul DIANELLA WA

Thanks in advance for your help.

David
Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Chullora is the devil's playground.....have you opened a 'case' with AP?
Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

Yeah appears to be some sort of blackhole.

I have on Friday 7/7. Still yet to hear back

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

They take their time....lots of parcels are 'lost' at Chullora....look up Chullora on the boards....frightening. If you have opened a case....that's all you can do, other than alert the buyer to this thread, and hope they are sympathetic
Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Have you been phoning your local post office to see if it has turned up in the meantime?

It's not as silly as it sounds.  I had a parcel lost in The Great AP Southern Black Hole (AKA Sunshine West sorting facility) in Melbourne.  Sunshine West was the last location on the tracking.  AP told me it was lost.  Well it was to them because they didn't bother to update the tracking!

After a couple of weeks of speaking to and emailing AP who said nothing more could be done, one day on impulse I phoned the post office I expected it to be at if it wasn't delivered....only to discover it had been sitting there for quite a while.  No carding to me, no tracking update...but there it had been while AP were saying it was 'lost'.  Arrgghh.

I collected the parcel.  Two months later the tracking still said it was at Sunshine West!

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

It seems Dianella, 6059, is outside the defined Aust Post Express network.

This means that next business day delivery is not garanteed.

In my experience it should take about 3-days for delivery, so looks like very overdue now. Chullora lilkely means lost.

It's possible that over time it could show up at the RMDC (Returned Mail Distribution Centre) in Melbourne.

But you would have to be on the case with AP to have them check there for you.

It could be a few weeks before it turns up there, if it does at all.

Any mail that goes there will be opened if a delivery address cannot be found. So the contents description would be logged in their computer system. If you can give them an accurate description this may help locate it.

Without a delivery scan event you are destined to lose an INR case thru ebay so will therefore have no choice but to refund your buyer.

Without extra cover purchased thru AP the best compensation you could expect from them would be $50 plus cost of postage re-imbursed. Have AP agreed to any compensation as yet?

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Not yet regarding compensation, they are still "investigating". No updates since hitting Chullora a week ago and they seem to have no idea where it is. Absolute shambles, looking at being out of pocket a large amount, really **bleep** off at them. Can't comprehend how this happens, hoping at some good news within the next couple of days.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

Will try this tomorrow as a long shot. Thanks

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Express items rarely get scan events until they are delivered so you are lucky to be seeing Chullora after your lodgement scan in WA.
Because of this they are not likely to be able to see any more than you can on the website.
For what it's worth... About 18 months we sent an express item that should have arrived next business day but didn't. We sent the buyer a replacement and they were happy.
Lodged a case with AP for which they only sent us another satchel but no compensation for the item which was worth under $20.
So we had written it off and forgotten about it.
Then a full 6-weeks later the buyer sent a message to say it had arrived.. They marked it as RTS so we got our item back in the end. The tracking then said delivered, but 6-weeks late.
So there is always hope yet, but do keep an eye on the tracking status as your buyer may not be as helpful ad the one we had.
Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Ask them on their facebook page. Have the case number handy. Their systems seem to work better when they are being publicly outed.

Amazingly, many have reported success using this method. Including me.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply