Aus post have potentially lost the parcel, not sure what to do

dbenj7
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I sent an item via express post on the 3/7 from Perth to West Ryde, Sydney. It arrived in The Chullora sort facility on the 4/7 and has been no updates since. I have an investigation through Aus post and they cannot validate it's location despite having a tracking number. I have been in contact with the buyer and apologised and advised what has happened. He has said he hasn't received it. It is quite an expensive item and I did not take out insurance (no lectures on this please, lesson learnt), facing being out of pocket considerably. What is the next step if indeed the item is "lost"? Really not sure on what to do next besides pray Aus Post can get their act together.

Processed through Australia Post facility column time and date, 06:44pm Tue 04 Jul CHULLORA NSW

Received by Australia Post column time and date, 11:56am Mon 03 Jul DIANELLA WA

Thanks in advance for your help.

David
Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I have via PM, not directly on their wall though. You think will work?

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

yes

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

Done. Please now hopefully will be miraculously out for delivery tomorrow...!

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

Sunshine North in Victoria is the equivalent of Chullora - it's where postal items go to die.

I never understand how an item can sit in a sorting centre for a couple of weeks at a time without any sort of movement - does no-one ever enquire as to why there's a mountain of dust-covered parcels sitting in the corner?

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

Still have not located the parcel as of today. I keep getting conflicting information. They say it has left Chullora yet can't tell me where it went and other consultants say it's sitting in bulk. I'm starting to feel as if the parcel will never surface or has been stolen. I don't know how they can take zero responsibility as well, it's really a disgusting system.

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

Congratulations, at worst you are entitled to a consolation prize from AusPost - if they fail to delivery an Express Mail by the promised date then they will refund the posatge cost!

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

Thanks for everyone's responses. Still nothing so far from AP despite having this lodged 6/7. Have been scouring gumtree to try and find it if it has indeed been stolen but no luck thus far.

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Why would you be scouring Gumtree? I doubt that would be able to tell you any more than what AP can.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

i know that this is no consolation - but i too have had this problem mailing express items from perth. i send everything by express - and generally, they take 2 days, sometimes 3-5 depending on if it's to rural QLD or rural NSW. 

i once had an express post satchel not long ago that went into the black hole which is chullora and it hadn't been delivered after 5 days which i thought was unusal. i contacted AP and lodged cases etc, they could give me no answers. eventually, 12 days later it was out for delivery. 

items can resurface, so i wouldn't say it's DEFINITELY gone yet, but i know that doesn't help ease your mind or more importantly, doesn't help with your buyer. 

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply