Used male underwear & swimwear - Isn't this banned?

I was browsing Limited Editions (auction only in AU) in Collectables & came across a number of ads for used male underwear gstrings jockstraps & swimwear. I thought this was a banned category? Check out title line  #gayINTERST. The bulk of the ads start with this title - just as I have written it, & variations of same.  

I'm not a wowser but that wasn't quite what I was looking for in Limited Edition Collectables!

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Yuk, and the worst part is the computer techs are going to have a giggle about my search history, next time the laptop goes in for a service.    Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

You are correct used underwear and swimwear are not permitted to be listed.  There are report buttons on all listings, I would very rapidly report the listing.  Report also for incorrect category while you are there.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

LOL, I wasnt game to go looking..........

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

The full F word is also in a title line! How on earth should / could that happen? This is the seller's only non underwear item from 10 listings; An umbrella. Admittedly funny; But how is the whole word allowed in the title line? I did try to report, but very few report reasons seem to fit the criteria!

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

F word is in a lot of titles on ebay.

To report the underwear and swimwear

category - prohibited and restricted items > Adult material > Used clothing or underwear

Now I have to look at a whole lot of pretty things to get rid of those images on the side

of my page  Image result for smiley stamp foot animated

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

@redders_60 wrote:

The full F word is also in a title line! How on earth should / could that happen? This is the seller's only non underwear item from 10 listings; An umbrella. Admittedly funny; But how is the whole word allowed in the title line? I did try to report, but very few report reasons seem to fit the criteria!

Report category = Prohibited and restricted items

Reason for report = Adult material

Detailed reason = Used clothing or underwear

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

oh-hello-smiley-emoticon.gifYeah, but you detailed the instrucions a bit better than I did, Tazz

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Aww.... I forgot the 't' in instructions.    Image result for smiley oh the shame animated

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

This is not directed solely at you, just replying to your message for convenience.

Id report listings that are plainly dodgy or obscene.... but not because of my own prejudices or active imagination.

Think about it - which part of this ad makes you feel like you needed to mention it here, or you have a responsibility to report it? Because  -

1. its a banned category? (lots of those... you gonna mention / report the thousands of other listings too?),

2. because it has the F word? (literally thousands of listings on eBay do, thats going to take you a while),

3. because its used underwear/ swimwear? (almost all Op shops in Australia sell used lingerie and swimwear, its not illegal).

4. because a few of those things are banned on eBay, and you want to be the ban hammer police on behalf of ebay and its entire community, despite not being a wowser or wanting to impose your moral code on others.

Or because its those things, combined with the word "gay"?

Just curious 🙂

Some times the things people infer say more about them than anything else.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply