Used male underwear & swimwear - Isn't this banned?

I was browsing Limited Editions (auction only in AU) in Collectables & came across a number of ads for used male underwear gstrings jockstraps & swimwear. I thought this was a banned category? Check out title line  #gayINTERST. The bulk of the ads start with this title - just as I have written it, & variations of same.  

I'm not a wowser but that wasn't quite what I was looking for in Limited Edition Collectables!

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Used male underwear & swimwear - Isn't this banned?

Define off-topic.

In that everything posted is on-topic, or you would have removed the offending post/s

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Listings in OP are gone      bgirlpants.gif

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

@saarzi wrote:

This is not directed solely at you, just replying to your message for convenience.

Id report listings that are plainly dodgy or obscene.... but not because of my own prejudices or active imagination.

Think about it - which part of this ad makes you feel like you needed to mention it here, or you have a responsibility to report it? Because  -

1. its a banned category? (lots of those... you gonna mention / report the thousands of other listings too?),

2. because it has the F word? (literally thousands of listings on eBay do, thats going to take you a while),

3. because its used underwear/ swimwear? (almost all Op shops in Australia sell used lingerie and swimwear, its not illegal).

4. because a few of those things are banned on eBay, and you want to be the ban hammer police on behalf of ebay and its entire community, despite not being a wowser or wanting to impose your moral code on others.

Or because its those things, combined with the word "gay"?

Just curious 🙂

Some times the things people infer say more about them than anything else.

OK Directly on topic. The Op asked wether well used undies with the title hashtag gayINTEREST where suitable to be placed in the limited editions, collectables catagory of a family orientated, community site such as ebay.

I dont believe it is appropriate. Ebay has recently introduced catagories for items of a sexual nature such as sex toys etc. That would be much more appropriate place for for these items. 

The suggestion that these views may be based on predjudice against gays has no basis at all and could cause offence. I personally think items of sexual fetish interest would be better advertised on other sites more suited to those who have that fetish. If they are going to be advertised on ebay, they would best be placed in the catagories suited to those items. 

I personally think society is falling apart at the seams. There is a huge range of reasons for this with many tiny things along with more major problems eating away at our social foundations. The advertising of items of a gay, sexual fetish nature in amongst limited edition collectables on a site where kids could be looking for smurfs is one of those very small things.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

I have no objection to gay marriage. I have many gay friends in committed relationships. It would be nice for them to have the same right to a proper & binding marriage ceremony in the full eyes of the law.

My problems with the ads were the listing category & how to report things that obviously were not in the correct catergory & most probably not allowed!  Ebay has made it hard to report questionable items - That is why I posted here. No hidden agenda; No gay phobia; Just an aversion to photos of grotty looking used knickers (no matter what the gender!) When I was looking in a category that should have shown limited edition collectables only.

I worked as a photo model in my teens. Back then when KMart was new. They'd provide panty liners & bra pasties for underwear & swimwear shoots & then return the items to stock! Yuk!  Most good stores would just let you have any intimate apparel as a freebie & some even gave you the outerwear too! Many great brands found their way into my wardrobe. I always hated when I had to do the KMart photo sessions! (They were slow to pay my agent too!) I was the Big M Strawberry girl here in Melb.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

Love using them for cleaning rags
Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

@gayjason wrote:
Love using them for cleaning rags

reply is to a thread that was last posted on:

10-10-2016 04:19 PM - edited ‎10-10-2016 04:22 PM

Old post.png

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply