Australia Post/Click and Send Online Security Breach

boomct
Community Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/australia-post-in-online-privacy-breach/story-fndo45r1-122...

Arrghh.   This is absolutely no surprise to me but makes me boiling mad.  When Click and Send first started I took them to task over the fact that they sent all my info (passwords and all) back to me unencrypted.   6 months later they were still doing it.  And now this.  As well as the consistent difficulties I have using their site.    

Anyone else have this experience or am I just being unfairly grumpy?

Boo.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Australia Post/Click and Send Online Security Breach

I suspect AP found the problem themselves and then announced it and said their would be disruptions to the service while they did so.

Customer Trevor Ryan, a former mail contractor, tried to alert Australia Post to the problem yesterday but was told to put his complaint in writing.

An Australia Post spokeswoman yesterday apologised for the "inconvenience" of suspending the parcel-tracking service

- but not for exposing private information

because.....obviously.... unless they are forced to give a rat's about their customers privacy then they will not but would prefer the PJ style of action

.... ie "quick under the carpet with all that dirt, bloody whingers...nothing going on here, move along move along"

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Australia Post/Click and Send Online Security Breach

So AFAIK from the stories a breach occurred on the 4th and a breach occurred again on the 18th at least and possibly the whole period in between those dates...is that current or "old news"

Given APs seemingly total lack of responsibility and the fact that they do not have to tell customers of security breaches coupled to the fact that disclosures of breaches would deter some customers from using the system

ie. not good advertising for the online system

.;..who thinks there may be more????

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply