Australia Post non corporate branch???? Horrid service

I live in chatswood NSW which has recently amalgamated 2 POs into one, the new one has no parking closeby, located in the rail interchange.  so having recently sold a 5kg item boxe din a wine box that wouldn't fit in the post box I went to a nearby suburb post office on my way home from some errands as there was closeby parking.  I also took in with me a couple of airmail letters to buy stamps for and post.

I have used this post office several times and apart from finding the staff a little stand-offish, service has been mostly satisfactory*.  I purchase my australian stamps fully gummed from a n internet contact, they're not reused they fully gummed and legal tender.  so while posting my overseas letters that I had to purchase over the counter stamps I also passed my heavy box accross the counter.  had witten how much stamps I'd put on the box (which of course they wanted to check) and had also cubed it writing the measurments on the box to make life easy if they again wanted to check it.  then I asked if I could have a complimentary article id stamp - not a $2.95 or whatever sign for one but one that is written on aust. post webside for any parcel you send within australia.   customer service have reconfirmed in the past that any GPO should be able to give one.  *this post office before has not scanned a 3kg satchel or given me a receipt for the satchl scan at the time of lodging as they say they scan them all together at the end of the day to save paper for their till!! 

anyway the staff member went and had hushed words with the manager who came out and said you want a tracking no. you buy one, not for free!!! you don't buy stamps here you don't get my staff to work ...do you give things away for free?  I was shocked!! I said the aust post website says its part of the parcel service...he replied go to chatswood its the corporate office.  I said I'm not a business what is corporate...He was filthy nasty.  I wasn't using illegal stamps, I wasn't asking for a favour... I was also buying international stamps but he owns the post office shop and said he wants to make money - basically wanted me to &(*&(  off.   He took my 5kg parcel since it wouldn't fit in the post box but wouldn't give me an article id...(which I had to live with as I had no intention of lugging it to chatswood).  This wasn't part of a newagency ...surely they're a rep of australia post ...?  article ids are unless recently removed part of APs parcel service.  How can you have a private surburban post office - that don't do what a large AP corp say - what has happened?!!!

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

so no extra for the ice , and the gst was only 2  cents  lol

Message 41 of 43
Latest reply

great minds dylan...I took my parcel in today less 45c...the guy said you can't print a label for less than $1 but said not to worry tracking was complimentary anyway for a parcel  (btw they're 7:45 now - used to be $7.20)

Message 42 of 43
Latest reply

@onekiwi0 wrote:

great minds dylan...I took my parcel in today less 45c...the guy said you can't print a label for less than $1 but said not to worry tracking was complimentary anyway for a parcel  (btw they're 7:45 now - used to be $7.20)

I wouldn't say that, I will be posting crazy sheet all night. I thought that is how it worked though, they still should be honouring the full payment packages as well though.

I don't think Aus Post realised how many stamp collectors are just offloading it all. They can't even please the stamp collectors, maybe just the few dealers who think thy are above it all.

Message 43 of 43
Latest reply