Australia Post price increase - period of grace?

Is anyone aware if there is a "period of grace" after 4 January, where the old letter rates will be accepted without the recipient being charged for underpaid postage?  In the past there has been an "unwritten period of grace", sometimes two weeks or a month.

This is the case where you drop a pre-stamped letter into a red post box.  Of course once you approached the post office counter, the latest postage would be charged.

Happy New Year and thank you for all the very helpful "inside advice".

Message 1 of 193
Latest reply
192 REPLIES 192

Re: Australia Post price increase - period of grace?

@mbselections00 wrote:

I often think perhaps I'm too honest for my own good, but I couldn't live any other way Smiley Happy I sleep easy every night with nothing on my conscience. 

Not that I use them, but somewhere there was a thread or comments about buying pre-paid envelopes before the price went up - I refrained from commenting at the time & just shook my head Shaking head - emoticon.gif

Sure, technically it's ok but ethical, well not in my book - really you are paying for the service, not just the envelope.

Edit :  well crow,

prepaid envelopes before the rise in cost and that they are going to use them and is that dishonest?

yep in my book it is, even though I know the PO says it's ok (I checked) and it's OK because there is no amount of postage stated on them

I do it and I don't consider myself dishonest. The same with standard satchels when I use them.

I've paid for a service at the going rate, AP have my momney to use, and know full well people are going to do it.

As it is legal and AP sanction it, it is certainly NOT dishonest. YOU might consider it unethical, but that is an entirely different matter.

Message 131 of 193
Latest reply

Your question has been answered multiple times in the last 7 pages of this thread. You just choose what you do and don't want to read. You can't deal with the fact that people have asked their post office managers and got the correct answers because you have an intense dislike of those people who answered your question (multiple times).

Like the others, I am done with this thread. You are intentionally trying to be difficuly. As I said 4 pages ago, I'd get more sense out of the 2yo next door. Even my cats understand it.

Message 132 of 193
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I think someone just likes to stir the pot.     

Kinda like a poker face

Ah yes Stalks, I think you could be right, though where you'd get a Royal Flush out of the boards beats me...........................internet01.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 133 of 193
Latest reply

so you dont know the answere  thats fine      i am only interested in my question what is the diference to a person who pays and sends an item before the 4th , 7 day grace 50 day grace and no grace.  i seem to reapeat my question a lot mmmm

Message 134 of 193
Latest reply

anyway subject is closed i will ask tomorrow at the postoffice i hope i get some sense tomorrow. lol

Message 135 of 193
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

so you dont know the answere  thats fine      i am only interested in my question what is the diference to a person who pays and sends an item before the 4th , 7 day grace 50 day grace and no grace.  i seem to reapeat my question a lot mmmm

You are repeating your question because you refuse to read anyone's answers. Everyone is sick to death of repeatedly explaining it to you. Your question has been answered by multiple people multiple times.

Good idea about asking your post office. Does that mean you are going to give it a rest now and stop harping on and on with the same old thing?

Message 136 of 193
Latest reply

yes and there are only 3 posters harping and nobody answering my question   is there a diference   the answere would be a simple yes  or  no    maybe you guys should join politics   lol   and yes i am finished on this post   offf to the postoffice tomorrow.

Message 137 of 193
Latest reply

OK here it is there is no difference between a 7 day grace or even a 50 day grace or even a 100 day grace because the grace part has to be infinite in all scenarios.

If any mail has been posted before the 4th then it doesn't matter if it goes to the moon and back and it took 5 years to deliver.

Once it's in the system only AP have control over when it gets delivered.

So anything posted from the 4th obviously the new priced stamps will need to be affixed.

And no grace well means no grace period haha.

Message 138 of 193
Latest reply

What does it really matter what the period of grace is or was?? Aust Post can charge for underpaid mail at any time. If you are so hard up for the money that you find the need to be sly, you shouldnt be selling items where a buyer could be affected by your actions. just make sure you have you return address so you get the underpaid notifications

Message 139 of 193
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

i have asked a question about grace and no grace ,so if you dont understand the question thats fine i only want posters who can answere my question    reply  thanks anyway.

Would this help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0gLntLIBYw

Message 140 of 193
Latest reply