Australia Post strange things here

I posted a parcel today, and when printing the label, I noticed AP had changed the setup. Then I noticed that the time of printing label was an hour later than the time here, I guess that is Sydney time, which may explain that one, I am on QLD time. no daylight saving here. It also has the date at 16-18 should be 16 (today) Showing the same when lodged at the post office date is 16-18, however correct time now. (now label appears printed an hour AFTER being taken to the Post Office)  Has anyone else noticed this, and if so, does anybody have any idea as to what is going on here?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Possibly because it's freaky friday ?

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

i've found a lot of their label timings and therefore tracking events are in melbourne time - despite wherever you may live. 

everything should be fine though once the parcel has been lodged and should start showing in local time to wherever the parcel is being scanned.

i noticed this a while back and now take no notice of the times to do with creating labels or subscribing to tracking notifications - because they are all melb time (AEDT) and i live in perth.

as you'll see here - this is the tracking for a label i created today (reads from top to bottom) and it says that the label was created a almost 3 hours after i lodged the item at the post office. 

i'd only be concerned if the date / time was wrong when it came to the delivery tracking scans :]

LABEL AEDT TIMING.jpg

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

It could be Freaky Friday, but as I did notice the format for printing the label had changed, I wonder if it is AP's stuff up. Why does everyone keep changing things, it happens everywhere you go. We get used to a system and then it changes, again and again and again, and rarely for the better. I also have another parcel "awaiting collection at" is all the tracking shows, no location.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

that's crazy! not having a location makes it very, very difficult Smiley LOL

not sure if you have twitter - but if you do, you can send them a direct message on there and you'll get a pretty quick response - a lot quicker than their "support case" system. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Are you looking at the tracking on Ebay, or on the Australia Post site itself. We find that the Ebay tracking info (when not using selling manager pro) is pretty limited.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

This is perfectly normal for AP

I usually run all my labels together at 4pm (Qld time) then whip around to the PO.

My notification of label printing (order initiation) nearly always appears later than consignment (acceptance scan).

It's no biggie really and just a by-product of differing time zones and AEST and AEDT (daylight saving).

I was a bit surprised by the WA timings though so I would assume Adelaide would always be out of whack too.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply