Australia Post to begin charging for holding undelivered parcels from 1 August

Are they out of their minds!?

What will they think of next? 😞

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/australia-post-to-begin-charging-for-holding-undelivered-par...

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

its all about the customer service with AP, never do anything to upset the customer, thats rule number 1.

oops i'm reading APs book of rules from 1965.

ok, got an updated rule book, new rule number 1,

never do anything that'll make a customer want to come back.

Message 11 of 43
Latest reply

So.....suppose someone is lucky enough to be going away for several weeks,and they pay to get their mail held,do they ALSO then pay the EXTRA for each parcel that should happen to arrive for them while they are away?

Message 12 of 43
Latest reply

From a seller POV, I think it would encourage buyers to get to the PO as quickly as possible and therefore we can potentially avoid defects. I'm sure there are plenty sellers out there who find that a customer does not pick up an item for a week and then marks the seller down on postage time.

Message 13 of 43
Latest reply

That is true, but once again, I'm sure we will find it is up to the sellers (not eBay or Aust. Post) to educate the buyers and until they're educated, I'm sure we will receive more defects than before !  It's always the sellers fault isn't it ? Smiley LOL 

It will be our fault they get charged and then we'll have to contend with them wanting the item redelivered FOC when they don't pick up and pay ! 

5765-Woman-Screaming-And-Crying-In-Frustration-While-Getting-Computer-Errors-Clipart-Illustration[1].jpg

Message 14 of 43
Latest reply

That's a very good question, I just picked up a form to have my mail held while we are overseas and asked how much it would cost, $55 for 5 weeks! That better include parcels, because my son works 7 days, long hours and can't get to the PO to collect if they card it.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 15 of 43
Latest reply

They are trying to get people to sign up for My Post accounts, which allows for a longer time frame before charges are implemented (10 days) and a max of $6 (between 15 and 30 days) instead of $9.

In some ways I understand it, because they are providing a storage service, though it's very hard not to just view it as typical AP money grubbing. Smiley LOL

I don't think it's all bad news for sellers, I can almost guarantee some buyers will blame the seller, because that's just what some people do... But now that AP are charging the sender for the return on non-delivered parcels, having AP hold for three times as long and charge the customer for the privilege, it could well be a welcome change for sellers who experience that frequently.   

Message 16 of 43
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

Guess that depends if they count Monday as being day 1 . . . . . Smiley Frustrated

The other issue of course is does every item get carded ?  My experience tells me a big fat NO !

StarTrack has been instructed to term the day it is carded as Day 1 so I assume the AP contrators and posties would be the same.

I have to admit I never have a problem with items being carded but I know I am on of the lucky ones.

In fact, I rarely get carded unless I have a different postie or contractor.  My regulars know I take a while to answer the door if it is an item that cannot be safe dropped.

Message 17 of 43
Latest reply

Still sounds a bit rich to me when the PO is closer
Message 18 of 43
Latest reply

Yeah, but it's a rare day to get carded.

Someone is usually home anyway

Message 19 of 43
Latest reply

I Don,t mind paying as long as AP is open longer hours

Message 20 of 43
Latest reply