Australia only has become drop ship form china!

I have noticed ( as I am guessing many of you have ) that the Australia only market has been/is being flooded with Chinese based drop shipping or Australian based warehouse sellers. I have contacted Ebay as I believe that Australian seller should be protected as many of us have built up our businesses over years of trial and error but all seems to fall on deaf ears as of yet. Any ideas as to a better way to address this issue?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Australia only has become drop ship form china!

I hear you loud and clear, i certainly not a fan of what's going on.

In my listings (some of them) i now say "Here in Queensland Australia" and i'm offering warranty in Australia covered by myself.

So if anyone has some good ideas do tell please.

Great question by the way.Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Not a bad idea as far as warranty and letting people know exactly where you are based, I myself have added 100% australian owned to some of my listings. I have found most Ebay customers don't mind paying a little bit more for good communication and fast postage but when competing against products that are half the cost a lot of people will chose cheaper, it's just a sad fact.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Your right, people will happily pay more if they get the item fast without hassles.

All we can do as Aussie sellers is be honest and supply a good service, and try and hang in there. lol

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

@robinsonmarineparts wrote:

Your right, people will happily pay more if they get the item fast without hassles.

All we can do as Aussie sellers is be honest and supply a good service, and try and hang in there. lol

I agree too. I know with some of the items I'm offloading, you can get them from China/Hong Kong/India for far cheaper, but the difference is, they can get them from me in a few days to a week as opposed to a month or 2. Hmmm, maybe I should do some shopping and capitalise on that LOL!!

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I know as a buyer at first I must have been very naive and was genuinely shocked when I bought items from a 'Sydney' based seller, only to have them arrive from China or Hong Kong.... the problem is, many buyers (like myself) couldn't be bothered with the hassle or expense of paying return postage to send them back.  It still surprises me that so many sellers are able to use Ebay Australia as a platform for dodgy, illegal, and unsafe products.... not to mention the copyright infringements!

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Yes, i would much prefere to buy from you and know that i'll get my item in good time, then try and save a few cents and buy from overseas and wait forever to receive item.

I have some wonderful suppliers overseas, but that's not going thru ebay, i buy the odd thing from the USA without problem thru ebay.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Same here I have suppliers from overseas but I buy in bulk and if I am buying items for around the home or personal use I much prefer to buy local.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@ledsandmoreleds wrote:

Not a bad idea as far as warranty and letting people know exactly where you are based, I myself have added 100% australian owned to some of my listings. I have found most Ebay customers don't mind paying a little bit more for good communication and fast postage but when competing against products that are half the cost a lot of people will chose cheaper, it's just a sad fact.

I find that most of my customers don't ever speak to me at all. Personally, I think most of my customers don't really want to talk but rather they just purchase and sent to them as fast as possible without hassle.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

ozsse
Community Member
Even the Federation Gov has granted the army boots tender (millions of dollars) to an overseas supplier in favor of a local supplier, so if the government refused to protect its local industries what can we expect from Ebay which happens to be a foreign company registered in a tax heaven???
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply