Australia post not cleaning out red box.

Just thought I would put this up. Hubby actually read this in the UK Daily News.

A red post box had not been cleaned out for 5 months.  In Beachworth, Vic. Box on Juntion Rd.

If any sellers had posted in this box, maybe that's why parcels can go missing . I never post in them, as the one I had used,   had been robbed and I lost  a parcel to a customer a few years ago. 

If this had happened to one , I wonder if it happens to others. 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Australia post not cleaning out red box.

No you are not the only one. I have the odd seniors moment also.
The difference is that our Senior Moments don't last for 5 months or longer.
Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

@the4masters

I dunno. I can't remember if mine do or not .... lol.

Melina.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

We may need to start up our own group of....what was that again????
Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

@vproshopwrote:
I've had a situation where there was an ants nest next to the box and the parcel I sent, customer had ants in the parcel. I now use the post box outside an Australian post office, not the ones on the street

Why not walk inside and lodge over the counter? Even safer.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

There is a red box near my home that I have used from time to time. One day I was driving past and saw the postie van stopped to empty the box. It was christmas holidays and the lard a$$ postie just sat in the van while a small child jumped out to empty the box. When the kid opened the mail box door a gust of wind blew mail up and down the street. By this time I had driven past, but often wonder how many letters got lost that day.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

The little one was probably thrilled to bits to be helping Dad....and it was a good way for Dad to baby sit.Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

I usually get there after 6pm with letter posts. hence why I dont lodge directly witth AP Staff. Theyhave long gone home by then.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

IDIOTS TYPICAL THIS IS WHY I USE COURIERS WHERE POSSIBLE MUCH MORE RELIABLE CHEAPER AND FASTER

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply