Automatic Positive Feedback if nothing left for you and no complaints

I am putting this is as request to ebay.

If know one leaves you positive feedback then you get positive feedback rating number added to your total, after 2  weeks or so.

If no complaint or communication about product or no request for refund then you must have done ok with service and or product.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Automatic Positive Feedback if nothing left for you and no complaints

@davewil1964 wrote:

Are you selling for money or green dots?

I prefer money. About 30% of my buyers leave feedback. That is their prerogative, as it is the prerogative of the other 70% to not leave any.

The point is that feedback is voluntary. It is the member's perception of the transaction. Nobody is forced to leave it and eBay applying it down the track would certainly negate the voluntary part of voluntary.

eBay are unlikely to change it, especially when it is only a small minority (you) agitating for such a change

Money ....If I saw people selling with a 4 feedback score or 4000 with the same product and price who will you buy from?? 

Message 21 of 49
Latest reply

Money ....If one saw people selling with a 4 feedback score or 4000 with the same product and price who would they buy from??
Message 22 of 49
Latest reply

@greatproductstoday wrote:
Money ....If one saw people selling with a 4 feedback score or 4000 with the same product and price who would they buy from??

Not necessarily the one with the higher score

I would be looking at the content of the ad, care taken with photos, the estimated delivery time, feedback and any relevant response to feedback

Once a seller has shown me they are able to complete a few transactions successfully, a feedback score is not as important. Also, sellers can have more than one selling ID so an ID with a low feedback score may not show the full picture. My feedback scores on my accounts vary between 80 and 900 on Ebay and 7000 elsewhere.

Re the automatic feedback: I don't support ebay leaving feedback about my perception of a transaction. I leave feedback for most transactions but have deliberately refrained from a few. If ebay were going to force a positive, I would probably leave a neutral with a comment to the effect that the seller provided what I paid for as should be expected!

Message 23 of 49
Latest reply

You did not read what or understand what I said, if you have a bad experience with a seller, ie scammer, you should report it. I do..and that gets rids of the bad apples. I said it was silly if you did not report because then nothing happens. 

If you buy something from a bad seller and dont leave feedback, that is stupid is what you said.

Nothing about a scammer as everyone does report those.

Which infers ANY bad seller.

Message 24 of 49
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Off topic, but why are you using "private listings" for your items ?  That was originally in place for high-value items or items of a personal nature. I and many others avoid auctions with "private listings" in place because it can be used to camouflage shill bidding, it's also used a lot by Asian sellers so that buyers/bidders cannot see relevant feedback for the product they're interested in.

So in effect, you may well be diminishing your customer base by using it.

I dont ..why do you say that?

Yes you do.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 25 of 49
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@padi*0409 wrote:

Off topic, but why are you using "private listings" for your items ?  That was originally in place for high-value items or items of a personal nature. I and many others avoid auctions with "private listings" in place because it can be used to camouflage shill bidding, it's also used a lot by Asian sellers so that buyers/bidders cannot see relevant feedback for the product they're interested in.

I dont ..why do you say that?

Yes you do.

That was for one product - can you delete this ?? Have a look at all my others, I did not as you to put a screen shot , delete image or contact admin to delete, thanks

Message 26 of 49
Latest reply

That was for one product - can you delete this ?? Have a look at all my others, I did not as you to put a screen shot , delete image or contact admin to delete, thanks

Actually both of your completed listings with bids show the same, perhaps you should check your auction settings.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 27 of 49
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Actually both of your completed listings with bids show the same, perhaps you should check your auction settings.

Ok ok, who the heck cares, I did not set it up like that and maybe carried over because I did for now, the post was not about that anyway....have that image deleted, thanks 

Message 28 of 49
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Yes agree. The other reason for setting their feedback to private IMO is to use the account for buying and reselling same for profit. Nothing wrong with that if done honestly but I don't trust people who hide stuff. I've bought private stuff and would display purchases proudly lol I don't think anyone should be able to hide feedback. But then I'm not a fan of feedback anyway. It's such a relief buying from independants and not having to deal with all that rubbish. This site is bad enough though without adding private feedback into the quicksand

Message 29 of 49
Latest reply

Forget private listing, nothing to do with post....I have set back... stay 'on message' thanks 

Message 30 of 49
Latest reply