Automatic Positive Feedback if nothing left for you and no complaints

I am putting this is as request to ebay.

If know one leaves you positive feedback then you get positive feedback rating number added to your total, after 2  weeks or so.

If no complaint or communication about product or no request for refund then you must have done ok with service and or product.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Automatic Positive Feedback if nothing left for you and no complaints

Your OP was asked...and then answered by the responders.

What more do you need?

I, too am suss on 'private listings'

It's unnecessary.

Ebay protects buyer's id's anyway.

Message 31 of 49
Latest reply

@greatproductstoday wrote:

@padi*0409 wrote:

That was for one product - can you delete this ?? Have a look at all my others, I did not as you to put a screen shot , delete image or contact admin to delete, thanks

Actually both of your completed listings with bids show the same, perhaps you should check your auction settings.

Ok ok, who the heck cares, I did not set it up like that and maybe carried over because I did for now, the post was not about that anyway....have that image deleted, thanks 

Nope.  It's public knowledge - under your 'sold' items.

Message 32 of 49
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Your OP was asked...and then answered by the responders.

What more do you need?

I, too am suss on 'private listings'

It's unnecessary.

Ebay protects buyer's id's anyway.

This post was not about private listings???

What dont you understand about that? I did not ask and someone said .."off topic...but................." (talking about private listings - OFF topic)

Message 33 of 49
Latest reply

This is a discussion forum. The nature of discussions is that they will veer off topic. However your question was about feedback so in this case, I think we're on topic, give or take 👍

Message 34 of 49
Latest reply

This post was not about private listings???

What dont you understand about that? I did not ask and someone said .."off topic...but................." (talking about private listings - OFF topic)

I was fully aware that the topic was about you wanting to gain feedback when buyers hadn't left it. However your question/appeal to other members showed that none were in favour of it.

It was then that I noticed the "private listing" on your completed auctions and attempted to show you the ramifications of using that, and the possible detremental effect it could have on your sales. Again all respondants to that post agreed that "private listings" would deter them from bidding on auctions that had that feature activated.

'Nuff said.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 35 of 49
Latest reply

That is my point if there are no complaints or request for refund or return you must have done something right? 

You could see it that way, but your buyer might be sitting there with the glass half empty instead, and thinking "they weren't bad enough for a neg". So again, you'd be making presumptions on behalf of someone else, and issuing yourself the "reward". Some buyers will never actually contact a seller when the transaction hasn't gone right, and they won't leave feedback either. I know this because I have received RTS packages weeks after the buyer should have received it, and had never heard at all from the buyer in question about not getting their order. If some buyers don't even chase up non-arrival, I can guarantee you there are buyers who have been thoroughly disappointed in their transaction and never done a thing about it. 

I don't actually like using that word (reward) for feedback, my rewards are happy, repeat customers and (hopefully) good profits - I'm probably in a bit of a different place than you, admittedly. I'm lucky enough to have started on eBay more than a decade ago, and have been selling seriously on another account for a good number of years. Over time, I have become quite apathetic about it. I care very little if I get pos, neg, neut or nothing, though i still remember what it was like earlier on to watch my score grow, and I remember caring a lot when I got my first neg - but even still, what mattered most to me was the quality of the comments, rather than the score next to my ID. By which I mean, as a seller, I would rather have one comment praising something specific than 50 generic comments that said "AAAAA+" or something. A genuine compliment is worth its weight in gold to me personally and professionally. And if your feedback isn't loaded with all those generic or automated dots, the real stuff stands out just that little bit more, IMHO.

Message 36 of 49
Latest reply

I've had buyers just say 'good' and rushed to the feedback they've left others to compare, thinking they weren't happy, only to see every feedback said the same lol but no news is good news as they say. This far down the track, I don't care if they don't leave feedback. I also remember though eagerly awaiting feedback in the early days, wanting my score to go up. More concerned about my percentage these days 😁

Message 37 of 49
Latest reply

If know one leaves you positive feedback then you get positive feedback rating number added to your total, after 2  weeks or so.

If no complaint or communication about product or no request for refund then you must have done ok with service and or product.

Hello,

I dislike your suggestion to have eBay automatically leave positive feedback.  I'll often puposely not leave feedback for some purchases where things haven't been to my satisfaction, but haven't quite been bad enough to warrant a neutral or negative.

Also, as others have suggested, ensure future auctions of yours aren't privately - it does no good but arouses plenty of suspicion and is an effective way to discourage bidding.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 38 of 49
Latest reply

@greatproductstoday,

I am one of those buyers who has occasionally deliberately refrained from leaving feedback in instances when something about the transaction was unsatisfactory but when other aspects were not.

In particular, if I feel that the issue was a one-off, not something that was a consistent problem with that seller, I would rather refrain from giving a negative or neutral, giving the seller the benefit of the doubt.

If the seller resolves the issue satisfactorily, that's worth a positive in my view.

I don't use a neutral to indicate that the transaction was neither good nor bad. Rather, I use a neutral to indicate that the sale had some decidedly unsatisfactory element, but it wasn't bad enough to justify a negative.

I only give negatives in the worst instances.

In general, I shop in such a way that negative and neutral transactions are unlikely to occur. I do this by choosing sellers with good reputations, even if the item cost might be higher than if I were to buy from a seller about whom I had some doubts.

eBay say ❝By leaving Feedback for a seller, you're telling them what you think.❞ Making positive feedback become automatically bestowed on a seller weeks or months after the purchase is to usurp that in its entirety, and would have iffy sellers delighted. All such a seller need do - if this were to be implemented - would be to stall the buyer, string him/her along until the time for being able to give feedback has lapsed, and then wait for the beautiful green dots to fall from heaven.

Your idea is a bad idea. Feedback has largely lost its meaning on eBay as it is, but if positives were to be given in the absence of a neutral or negative, it would be far, far worse a scenario than the present one.

You should bear in mind that absence of criticism does not equate to there being no cause for criticism. Be glad for the positives that you do receive.

Message 39 of 49
Latest reply

I can understand your thinking, to a certain extent, but I think where it goes a bit wrong is as digital ghoast pointed out, that a buyer may not be entirely happy with some aspect of a purchase but might decide to hold back on feedback rather than give a neg or neutral.

This is the case with one of my recent purchases. I bought something I could not find in shops at the time (some yeast) where the price was sort of on the slightly higher side but I could live with that. But then the item wasn't posted till about the date I was supposed to receive it. of coruse, it arrived a bit late. Again, I can live with that but I wasn't impressed. Then I looked at the ads and noticed the same item I had bought with that seller had had a price increase. Actually it had had 2 and was substantially dearer, into what I would class as pirce gouging.

Now I didn't pay that higher price so that wasn't my transaction, but overall, I decided not to give that seller any feedback. There's nothing wrong with the product, it came and it wasn't very late so i just don't wish to leave a neg or neutral but if I knew that seller would get an auto positive, I would move in and give a neutral. That's the truth.

I think what it comes down to is that feeback is probably best to reflect the honest opinion of a buyer. It is subjective but at least it has been given by a buyer. Not keen on an automated system, although i do think an auto system to record number of transactions could be useful.

Message 40 of 49
Latest reply