Automatic relistings no longer free?

Checked my Account a few days back - about $25 in fees for the current billing month. Checked it a few minutes ago - it's jumped up to $175!

The only items listed in the last week have been a whole bunch of items which expired and auto-relisted - I ticked the check-box at the time of the initial listing which said "Automatically list up to three times - it's free to relist". Yet I've been charged an Insertion Fee for all the items that auto-relisted.

What am I missing?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I would call eBay.

image host
Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Oh, I will - first thing tomorrow. Second month in a row I've copped a humungous invoice when I don't think I should have...

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

That's a huge amount if not expected.

Some members lose the 3 free relists occasionally but eBay have also been known to give a discretionary credit should that be the case. Of course it shouldn't happen in the first place, certainly not without notice.

Don't let it go, fight it.

image host
Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

You have over 300 listings and no store. Normally you would be limited to 40 freebies with 3 free relists so a total of 160 listings, not including sold items. You have also sold around 100 items in the last 60 days. To list that many without charges I assume you must have got some freebies ???? Did you read the T & C's. Was the 3 free relists applicable or where they not included in the T & C's ?  If you didnt recieve an extra free listings offer, it would explain the fees.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

You have over 300 listings and no store. Normally you would be limited to 40 freebies with 3 free relists so a total of 160 listings, not including sold items. You have also sold around 100 items in the last 60 days. To list that many without charges I assume you must have got some freebies ???? Did you read the T & C's. Was the 3 free relists applicable or where they not included in the T & C's ?  If you didnt recieve an extra free listings offer, it would explain the fees.

I have over 300 listings and no store. The Sunday freebies (up to 100 each week) has allowed me to accumulate a lot of listings and I haven't paid ANY listing fees. I also get the 3 free relists on those Sunday listings.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

I listed most of them when eBay had one of their "unlimited free listings" promotions. All still had the "automatic relist" box when I listed them.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Have you checked the item numbers shown on your account with insertion fees charges? I'd do that before I rang ebay.

Are you sure you weren't looking at the part of the invoice that shows the 'savings' on listing fees? Just checking.
Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Yes, I checked - these were existing items which expired and were auto-relisted on the 26th of January. No credits or "amount saved", they've all been charged.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

@egglesdtp wrote:

I have over 300 listings and no store. The Sunday freebies (up to 100 each week) has allowed me to accumulate a lot of listings and I haven't paid ANY listing fees. I also get the 3 free relists on those Sunday listings.

Yes, I've been doing the same - using up my 40 monthly freebies, and not listing anything else unless eBay throw up a "free listing" offer, at which point I list as many as I can, and tick the "automatically relist" box. 

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply