Awaiting collection

mc257
Community Member

I have posted an item and it is waiting to be collected from the post office 

The buyer has had 5 days to collect and still hasn't 

I have notified the buyer of this and the tracking number but they refuse to collect the parcel saying they want a refund because they purchased the product in error.

I didn't not supply my return address on the parcel due to safety concerns 

How do I proceed from here ? 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Awaiting collection

It  is up to the buyer to collect the item, if they fail to do so they are not entitled to a refund or any MBG protection.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Awaiting collection

I love it when a buyer tries to put over they bought something by mistake

Especially one like this who does'nt even bother to contact the seller and then thinks by refusing to collect what they bought will rectify their nonsense 

Don't forget to add this person to your blocked bidders list

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Awaiting collection

imastawka
Honored Contributor

OMG.  Going by the sold items, they're going to lose a shipload of money if they don't pick it up!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Awaiting collection

arctoph_49
Community Member

What has been said is true, but I wouldn't send anything without indicating the sender. Anything can happen on the way to the buyer, so it is a good idea to indicate a return address.

Hire a PO box if you like privacy. Somebody who works for a postal service can also misuse addresses, or anybody who works for a company and you have an account with your address with them, although of course it is very rare, but it is also rare that buyers would care at all about the seller's address. Last year for example somebody who works - well, worked of course - for AusPost stole identities, on top of that targeting in particular pensioners.

That said, it is really poor of a buyer to just decide not to collect a parcel only because they have changed their mind.

It might be a good idea to let the buyer know that you didn't indicate a return address and that the parcel won't be returned to you if they don't collect it, so you won't be able to offer a refund.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Awaiting collection

If not collected by the due date - you could contact the relevant PO and state the Tracking No - they could redirect it back to you.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply