Bad Feedback from Non-Paying Buyer

How could a buyer who has not paid and actually cancelled his order be allowed to give a feedback, and a negative one at that.  But listen to his reason why he gave me a negative feedback >>"It is a **bleep** movie canssel the order" . Yes that's direct quote of his comment. If eBay will not remove this feedback, I will broadcast this incident in all social media and if I get the time and money, I will even sue eBay.
p.s.==Ebay wont let me quote directly his rude comment (c r a p) which they bleep but they printed that $%#&@  buyer's rude comment. What kind of policy is that?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

That would be the policy that a cancellation allows feedback. As opposed to a Non-Paying Buyer dispute which doesn't allow feedback to be left.

Good luck with suing eBay because you don't understand their policies. Please get back to us with the result.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You are your own worst enemy.

If you had opened a non paying bidder case instead of cancelling the order the (non)buyer

would not have been able to leave any feedback.

You have compounded your mistake by leaving that followup....it makes the comment stand out like a sore thumb.

Instead of threatening to sue ebay you could just ask ebay to remove the feedback due to the bad language....pity about your followup which may remain though.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Go for it

You are wasting your threat here, eBay do not read the forum

If they did, I am sure they would have a belly laugh 

You could have reported them for non payment but chose not to 

Sleep in the bed you made 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@julianjaego wrote:

How could a buyer who has not paid and actually cancelled his order be allowed to give a feedback,

Getting past all the comments above and what you may or may not have done wrong in replying -  the buyer should not have been able to leave this feedback and you should apply to ebay to have it removed, even if it is only for the offensive language.  

If you are persistent and point out that it is against ebay policy, they will remove it.    Unfortunately you have to use "live chat" these days, but it is worth the effort, in my opinion.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

EDit:   not offensive language policy -  but maybe use Feedback should only be related to the transaction.

the buyer commenting on the movie itself - rather than the transaction - should qualify.    In truth there was no transaction as the buyer cancelled.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

The buyer cannot cancel....only the seller can do that but both parties can still leave feedback.

Only by opening a non payer dispute can the seller ensure that no feedback can be left.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

semantics my dear Watson.     My point is that  a buyer can't order a movie called Big Pig and then decide its not a good movie, before they even get it, and punish the seller for the movie's badness.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

EDit:   not offensive language policy -  but maybe use Feedback should only be related to the transaction.

the buyer commenting on the movie itself - rather than the transaction - should qualify.    In truth there was no transaction as the buyer cancelled.

I think that is a good point. The feedback was about the movie, not the transaction itself

I think it would be worthwhile the seller getting onto ebay chat and aiming for removal of the feedback on 2 counts, the language and the fact it wasn't related to the transaction. The language wasn't all that bad though so I think the irrelevancy would be a big factor towards removal.

It is a pity the seller responded to the neg feedback as the neg comment itself speaks volumes and tells the story. A numpty buyer and a very rude one at that. Pity seller didn't take it to an unpaid item strike but that can be a risk too in that a buyer might pay under duress and cause trouble later to get money back, as we have read of happening to some sellers in the past.

Seller here tried to do the right thing but needs to persist with ebay to have the neg removed as it is totally unfair. Some days I wish I had the ebay job to help decide these things, it would be gone in a heartbeat and buyer sent a warning to stay relevant with feedback.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply