Based in Australia, Shipped from China?

Hello,

After purchasing quite a few things from "Australian" sellers recently through eBay, I have noticed that the packages are being sent from China.

How come these sellers are allowed to say their listings are from Australia when the packages come from China? It's obviously a deliberate misconception created to lure more buyers in.

People think they are buying from an Australian dealer when really they are purchasing another poor quality Chinese item.

Is this allowed? If so, why ?

Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: Based in Australia, Shipped from China?

Anecdotally eBay.com is as full of Chinese[correct spelling] bleep as well.

And buying from America has its own pitfalls. Like currency conversion fees and the GSP.

If you buy the sort of stuff that Chinese sellers supply, you're probably better off buying from a real shop. Where your Chinese junk will come with a warranty, if applicable.

Hint: Don't buy anything from Apple; all their stuff is made in China these days.

Message 61 of 77
Latest reply

You make some good points there. . I just received a phone i purchased from an AU company (who only ship to AU and NZ) but all there goods actually come from Hong Kong. This is clearly stated. It actually arrived days faster then goods i have ordered within Au. But yes there are dodgy dealers. Pays to check details fully before purchasing . Buyer beware:)
Message 62 of 77
Latest reply

Be aware too, that there's a high probability that the phone you bought is a fake. It may not comply with Australian standards, and could only work for a few months before dying. I'm sure they promised a warranty, but it is impossible to claim on it. Be careful with your new phone.

Message 63 of 77
Latest reply

this has happened to me with a recent purchase , the seller in Chullora NSW  for a tripod .  all his negative reviews say the parcel is coming from Chinese or singapore .  I found out it was lost in the mail , no tracking because it's was free postage. 

But now the guy wants a positive feedback for giving a refund . I made the neutrol  feedback for the postage location.

Message 64 of 77
Latest reply

Chiselman...did you consider looking at the feedback prior to purchase?
Message 65 of 77
Latest reply

Free postage has no bearing on whether there is a tracking number....someone has to pay the postage so there should be a tracking number.

Message 66 of 77
Latest reply

I have reported a number of items with false location , description or are fakes and ebay does nothing.

Message 67 of 77
Latest reply

Nearly all the negs you've left are for sellers registered in China, perhaps it's past the time that you should be checking feedback for the seller's registration location, and be wary of any high-volume sellers with less than 99.5% feedback rating.

Unfortunately Chines sellers tend to be a protected species on eBay.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 68 of 77
Latest reply

Australia Post's Sydney parcels bulk lodgement centre is in Chullora and where most Chinese drop shippers and consolidaters deposit parcels into the postal network.  The locality is home to many logistics companies.  The other common location is Botany and as soon as you see these suburbs you know your item has been shipped from China.

Message 69 of 77
Latest reply

Botany is almost exclusively logistics companies who import the goods and hold them in storage and then disatch the individual parcels to Australian addresses when told to.

Message 70 of 77
Latest reply