Beware of Sendle

garage_sale_here
Community Member

Just to add to the other negative feedback.  Be very cautious of using Sendle.  You might save a couple of dollars up front but it could come at a cost.

I had Sendle deliver a package, they completely ignored the delivery instructions and as a consequence the package was lost.  Despite being negligent Sendle refused to cover the item.  It cost me $300.  They are certainly not a trustworthy or ethical company.  Reviews elsewhere reinforce this too.

I have had to claim insurance with Australia Post a couple of times over the years and there has been no issue whatsoever.  I would now always spend the extra couple of dollars up front.

Its a shame that eBay would choose to make a disreputable company their default carrier.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Beware of Sendle

I thought Sendle was a broker and don't deliver anything themselves, using hundreds of different carriers.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

@garage_sale_here wrote:

I had Sendle deliver a package, they completely ignored the delivery instructions and as a consequence the package was lost.  Despite being negligent Sendle refused to cover the item.  It cost me $300.  They are certainly not a trustworthy or ethical company.  Reviews elsewhere reinforce this too.

You'll be pleased to know that Australia Post ignored the delivery instructions on the last 3 parcels to my place, one being a $800 coin.

And the last TNT one over $1200 was also ignored.

But lets just blame one company and not look at the facts.  They all do it

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

...one of which is Couriers Please that I've had hassles with.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

They all do it, I agree, but Sendle seem to be particularly negligent at the moment. 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Sendle is the broker, but since you book your delivery through them, when something goes wrong, it is them you have to contact.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I've had an issue once with Australia Post.  They covered the item no question and it was $700.   The additional cost was certainly worth it

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I have used both Australia Post and Sendle depending on the location.  I use Sendle services more often lately due to convenience (pick-up service). I have no problem whatsoever so far, only one small problem with late delivery but that was dealt with swiftly by the Sendle team. So I can't fault them.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

using sendle directly is a lot cheaper than the ebay site somehow

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

and they will still be garbage in the huge majority of cases, with many buyers avoiding sellers who insist on using them

As it was in 2021, and on any of the other dozens for threads about Sendle 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply