Buy whinges, I cancel, they return on a different account

As the title says, yesterday we had a purchase of an item and the shipping is charge at $9.99. the buyer instantly sends a message telling us that they work for Australia Post and it should cost no more than $6.90 to send from QLD to Rural NSW. 

I send them a nice message letting them know that we're willing to work with them if they know a cheaper delivery service. Then cancelled their order, with a block.

They have bought another item same address and details, just different name.

Can I also refund this item.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I am not a seller, but I don't know of any rule against cancelling and refunding again... and possibly blocking them. Cancel with the reason "problem with buyer's address". That's what sellers usually advise other sellers to do when there is a problem. I am not sure where they have the $6.90 from (I don't think really from AusPost, as they claim). Maybe they haven't bought anything for a long time, as AusPost has definitely increased their prices over the last couple of years. The smallest satchel now costs over $9.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Update: buyer has left negative feedback on our account.

They bought another item, guess is they will leave more negative feedback if I fulfill the order or not. Is there a way I can cancel so they don't. 

These small minded people hurt small business like ourselves and we're left with negative comments.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Buyers can leave neg fb even after an order is cancelled if they scroll down to the bottom of their purchase history or click the link "Awaiting feedback" on the left of the eBay summary, but feedback can be removed by eBay if unfair. You have to report the feedback though as they obviously don't read all feedback.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

You can jump onto chat and explain that the neg is not deserved because you are only charging what Aus Post charges with a tiny handling fee. If the buyer had questions, they could have resolved any issues prior to purchasing and once they hit the buy button, is it implied that they agreed with the listing and the postage costs. They can't make a song and dance of it afterwards.

Cancel the other order too with the reason "problem with buyers address", so you don't incur a defect. See if you get a neg for that one - maybe contact CS to deal with both of them at the same time.

Buyer is also violating Ebay policies by trying to get around blocks that you have in place - this can be explained to the CS rep too.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for all your help, there's no option for me that says problem with buyers address.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

What options does it give you under the reasons for cancellation?

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

You need to report the buyer for attempting to get around the block you put in place

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/report-issue-buyer?id=4084&st=12&pos=1&q...

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

You can cancel the 2nd purchase and any subsequent purchases, as others have stated, use the reason problem with buyers address (Problem being it belongs to a buyer you have blocked), that way you get your fees back.  Buyers are not permitted to attempt to circumvent a sellers block.

Re the Neg FB,   Asking ebay CS to remove simply as it is unwarranted, is often denied on the grounds that the FB is the buyers opinion.    If as stated, your messages to the buyer were polite, you can ask CS to remove the FB  on the grounds it is defamatory, in that it states you are rude.  NB:  this can also be used when FB claims you are a liar, thief etc.  If the CS rep is still reluctant to remove the FB, ask for a supervisor. 

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Buyer in regional  NSW,  Hmmm!  obviously they live somewhere on the Cobb & Co Hwy.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply