Buyer Claims Missing Parts for Refund - But Doesn't Understand the Product!

Hi everyone,

I realise these types of silly refund requests truly give credit to warning labels such as Caution: Iron is for clothes and will not reduce wrinkles on face.

So I have a woman who bought a replacement fabric component for a pram. My pictures were detailed and clear.

One would assume the buyer has a complete pram to begin with since she did not ask any questions other than can she have a discount.

She has now requested a refund due to missing parts. It is a replacement canopy that slides onto the hood frame and is not missing parts. The photos clearly show what it is and the fact there is no clip attachment reinforces this.

I have responded to the return request with details and pictures. Her picture is obscured and makes no visible sense other than to match part of my picture and therefore supporting my claim.

My dilemma is this:

Do I refuse refund - Ebay will automatically refund her and I have to pay all postage (item was $11.95)

Is she expecting refund and she can keep the item? My worry is negative feedback

Do I report her? Ebay will credit me $9 for return postage and prevent negative feedback automatically

OR

contact Ebay - for which they state if I contact them I cannot be reimbursed postage etc. This seems like a new tactic to prevent sellers reaching out to them. It seems odd to me.

I've been a member for over 24 years and I seem to be having to contact Ebay more and more!

Any help is appreciated 🙂

Have a great day

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Buyer Claims Missing Parts for Refund - But Doesn't Understand the Product!

Sadly there is no reasoning with some buyers.    Most sellers are just biting the bullet and accepting returns.     So if you accept the return, she has to return the item.

Yes you will be out the postage.   When you receive the item back, initiate the refund, block her, and forget it.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Buyer Claims Missing Parts for Refund - But Doesn't Understand the Product!

Contact CS via live chat,  explain that the item does not come with any extras, and that the item as purchased is exactly what was shipped, make it clear that the buyer is not entitled to any extras not included in the listing.

If you get a decent CS rep, they will open a case and immediately resolve it in your favor.

Note:  Don't ask them to open a case,just tell them you are seeking advise, let them do that on their own.

Note:  If a case is opened and found in your favor, any  FB -/+ left by the buyer can be removed.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply