Buyer Requirements and Activity Log

lolobgo
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I just want to ask about other people's buyer requirements, if you have any set up at all, or possibly (if you are willing to share) what they are?

I ask because earlier this month i threw a tantrum over non paying buyers... So i set mine up.

This is it:

Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 6 Month(s)
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower
Have a feedback score of 0 or lower and haven't gone through phone verification

According to my buyer requirements activity log, 8 people have tried to bid on my items, all but one for too many unpaid item strikes...

the other was a newbie that had not gone through phone verification....

My question is: Am i being too harsh? I know that i'm potentially lowering the prices of my auction items, but i also don't want to be stuffed around with non payers...

Even now i have two items that are over a week sold and still no payments....

Thanks

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

If more sellers did this, buyers would suddenly find they couldn't bid on or buy something they really wanted, so some would learn not to be so hasty to buy and then not pay.  Some would just open a new ID, which may be why you had someone with zero feedback try to bid/buy.  Was it by any chance the same item that one of the other blocker bidders was trying to buy?

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

I just checked it, that didn't even occur to me. 

The zero feedback one was on an item that someone else had been blocked on, and a day apart too.

So bad buyers can still get around it..... if they verify by phone...

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

Hi,

I have mine set up the same and no i dont think you are being to harsh, i would say i get on average 15 people per month who dont pay and would say 95% of them have a feedback score of 10 or less. I really think that eBay should be tougher on people who dont pay and it should be looked at as a privledge to use and buy on here and not a right and if you do the right thing and follow rules you should have no problems. I put the question out there to eBay a few months ago what happens if i dont pay my fees and was told my account would be suspended but wish it would happen to all the time wasting customers i have and there accounts and be suspended for non payment, sorry rant over.  

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

Are your requirements too harsh? No

I think the two most important requirements for all sellers are:

Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)

Have a primary postage address in a location I don't post to

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

And why have non-payers after a week?

Make sure the eBay payment reminder is ticked in your Communication Preferences so your buyers receive an auto reminder on day 2.

If you've not had any contact by the end of day 3 send a message to the buyer.

We send something like

Thank you for your purchase. Your parcel is packed and ready to post. Payments can be made by PayPal, Bank deposit etc etc. If you have any questions please contact me.

If still no response by the end of day 4, open an Unpaid Item Case. Add a note in your Sold section the date and time the case was opened and 4x24 hours later close it.

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

Ha,

Good rant! I'm glad that you rang Ebay about it! They need to do something more. I wonder how much money they are making from sellers not making a claim and getting their fvf's back....

Only one of the blocked buyers had feedback of 4, the others are quite high though, one with 2112.

I just checked up one of my buyers FB when he didn't pay he had a zero FB score, now it's 9. (with 100% positive of course. )

out of those 4 are false positives... calling him a timewaster, no payments,no contact and this one...

JUST ANOTHER LOW FEEDBACK USELESS TIME WASTER..NO CONTACT NO PAYMENT

That seller is obviously just as annoyed as the rest of us!

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

BigBrick,

You say go up to 2 in 12 months... I might do it. Do you still get many non payers?

As for my non payers after a week, i think one buyer is waiting to get paid!! He  keeps messaging me, sorry forgot about it last night, i'm on my phone will do it when i get home... blah blah blah,

the other I've set up a non-payment set up on. they haven't even contacted me.

I'd set up the auto-assistant, but some of our items are pick up only, and i'd prefer cash on pick up, and don't want to upset the buyers who usually come on the weekend...

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

I've just checked the cases in the Resolution Centre.

In the last 18 months on this ID we've opened 3 Unpaid cases, 2 have paid straight away and one was closed on day 4.

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

And this is our current Log  🙂

log.PNG

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply