Buyer Requirements and Activity Log

lolobgo
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I just want to ask about other people's buyer requirements, if you have any set up at all, or possibly (if you are willing to share) what they are?

I ask because earlier this month i threw a tantrum over non paying buyers... So i set mine up.

This is it:

Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 6 Month(s)
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower
Have a feedback score of 0 or lower and haven't gone through phone verification

According to my buyer requirements activity log, 8 people have tried to bid on my items, all but one for too many unpaid item strikes...

the other was a newbie that had not gone through phone verification....

My question is: Am i being too harsh? I know that i'm potentially lowering the prices of my auction items, but i also don't want to be stuffed around with non payers...

Even now i have two items that are over a week sold and still no payments....

Thanks

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

@ydgonline06 wrote:
I don't understand the -1 rating. how does anyone get that?

The only way I can see it happen is, a new seller with 0 feedback receives a negative feedback for their first one. Buyers can't be -1.

Message 31 of 34
Latest reply

Not normally, but if that seller then decided to make a purchase, the -1 block would then become effective.
Message 32 of 34
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Any serial non payment pest can get around it with a new ID in an instant, without verification - too easy ....

I just got an item sold notification...

The buyer is someone who has purchased from me before, I blocked them from buying again, they created a new ID and bought other things. Last night they contacted me on the new ID saying they're blocked and can they please purchase. I didn't respond as yet, I should have, I guess, but had too many other tasks to get through today after spending half last night at the hospital and I was going to say no... Either way, I'm none too happy that they have now created a third ID and successfully purchased from me again.

this is a load of [insert appropriate expletive here]

Message 33 of 34
Latest reply

Um...PJ - hate to burst your bubble but eBay will do nothing about it. Zero.

The first time l reported a buyer for making a new ID to get around my blocks (and with eBay messages to back it up), the rep told me to go ahead with the transaction. When l pointed out that the blocked ID and the new ID were the same person, the rep said yes, they could see that but that was fine. Just go ahead with the sale as if it was a new buyer.

Gave up the arguement after it went round in circles for five mintes.

The second time l reported it, the eBay rep said if l cancelled the transaction, it will be recorded as a default because l did not wish to sell to them. As a seller, l were at fault (???)

The third time...l didn't even bother ringing. Just did the open / close NPB when the time come.

Message 34 of 34
Latest reply