Buyer accepting order cancellation

I had one of 'those' buyers yesterday. They bought an item that was listed as pickup only, paid via Paypal, then sent a message saying 'when will i receive'. Straight after that was another message saying 'cancel it because I'm in QLD' (I'm in Melbourne, which was information clearly available on the listing). So I do so, I cancel the order and refund the buyer. Ten minutes later I get another message saying 'cancel the order' then another message after that saying 'when will i receive it, tell me'.

I have advised them multiple times that the order has been cancelled on their request, they won't be receiving the item and that they now need to accept said cancellation, but they don't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed. So what happens if they don't accept the cancellation? Would it be possible for me to contact ebay and ask them to read the ridiculous messages and just process the cancellation on their end? 

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Buyer accepting order cancellation

Definitely went straight to the blocked list!
Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

Interesting, thanks for the heads up! Tbh I have zero faith in the buyer even reading or understanding the email if they got it, so I might just let it time out.
Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

If you chose there's something wrong with the buyers address then it would have cancelled instantly,by choosing the buyer requested a cancellation then you have to wait until the buyer agrees and if they don't then it times out after 10 days.

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

They need 'there's something wrong with the buyer' I would have selected that one.
Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

I wish!
Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

@queenwaldorf wrote:
They need 'there's something wrong with the buyer' I would have selected that one.

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL...............perfect.

image host
Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

And now I've got a buyer who's bought something from Russia ...a nd it says "send invoice" so it's not paid yet! How do I cancel this guys without getting a defect.. ! Is there a choice " do not post to that country?"  I haven't been able to find where to cancel yet!

Plus where is it where you go into settings to STOP anyone from buying from all yr listings from OS. Grateful for any help, guys!

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

There should be an option to cancel because there is a problem with the buyer's address.

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

In your settings you can opt to exclude specific countries or entire regions.

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

A lot of Russians will deliberately bypass your blocks by changing their primary address to Australia, buying, then changing their address back to Russia.  A friend of mine had a Russian buy (same buyer that tried it on with me a few weeks previously) and I told her to ring ebay and report her for malicious buying, which she did and the buyer got a violation.  I wish I'd done it but was busy at the time.

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply