Buyer has cancelled two transactions

I sold some audio equipment totalling $432 on Tuesday evening. The buyer did not communicate with me until tonight and then saying he had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. Can I leave negative feedback?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Short answer. No a seller cannot leave negative feedback for a buyer

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Wait the 4 days from end of sale date then open non payer disputes then 4 days later give him the strikes for bidding and not paying.

A few of these will see him stopped from bidding on a lot of sellers items.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Wait the 4 days from end of sale date then open non payer disputes then 4 days later give him the strikes for bidding and not paying.

This course of action will also prevent them from being able to leave feedback for you.  DO NOT do a mutual cancellation and do not leave them any feedback as it will only add to their collection of green dots AND if you leave a positive rating with a negative tone comment you are the one who will end up with a slap from eBay.

Also, put them on your Blocked Bidder List to stop them from stuffing you around ever again.

excellent advice from leader of the band....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

whatever you do do not send him a mutual cancellation.

email and say you'll be requesting your final value fees back from eBay, via the non payment option, and he does not need to do anything if he's not going ahead with the transaction, the request will close in 4 days and ebay will refund your fees.

[no need to mention he'll get 2 strikes for non pyment}

๐Ÿ˜‰

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

This course of action will also prevent them from being able to leave feedback for you.  DO NOT do a mutual cancellation and do not leave them any feedback as it will only add to their collection of green dots AND if you leave a positive rating with a negative tone comment you are the one who will end up with a slap from eBay.

Also, put them on your Blocked Bidder List to stop them from stuffing you around ever again.

definately good advice but what constitutes a false postive. "the buyer did not pay" would leaving something like that be bad?? Even a sarcastic comment like "wow this buyer is the greatest at getting stuff for free" would that be bad?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

but what constitutes a false postive. "the buyer did not pay" would leaving something like that be bad?? Even a sarcastic comment like "wow this buyer is the greatest at getting stuff for free" would that be bad?

Anything that suggests the transaction was not positive.  BUT why or why would anybody add green dot (not many people read comments with green dots) to bad buyer. and be risking getting reported?  Just deal with them with tools given.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Why on earth would you want to leave them anything even slightly negative? All they would have to do is report you to ebay, the comment would be removed and they would get to keep the green dot while you had a policy violation recorded against your account and they would almost certainly leave you a neg.

Just open the unpaid item dispute after 4 days, close it 4 days later and neither of you will be able to leave any feedback which is as it should be as the entire transaction has been cancelled.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Since you can't open an UID yet I suggest you contact one of the others who bid and see if that member is still interested. If it is the CD player and Amp then you have a bidder with a feedback score of 1 who might take both for $400.  If they say yes and want to pick up straight away then you probably should do the cancellation and explain to the current bidder that he needs to accept the cancellation when it comes through.

I know most members will push you to open an UID, but I look at eBay as a business and prefer to move on as quickly as possible.  If you leave it too long your other interested bidders might buy something else.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply