Buyer in UK refunded even though item delivered.

It's happened to me now.I have read that this is happening to other sellers.A case was opened with buyer saying he hadnt recieved item..I reported the tracking number and item was delivered on Monday...I tried contacting the buyer asking him to cancel the complaint..Now Ebay has refunded him even though the item was delivered  on Mondayas per Australian post tracking...I have tried lodging an appeal but when I try it says that the item is not available to appeal on..So where do I go.I have asked buyer to contact Ebay or at least return item.But no answer.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Buyer in UK refunded even though item delivered.

When the buyer opened the case, did you update the tracking number in there? I've found that despite using click and send to create and print the shipping label, the tracking number was not visible in the opened case (or the international site) so I had to update this manually.

Your best bet is to call Ebay Australia after 7pm so they can past you on to ebay UK.
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I would be contacting the buyer asking them to repay the money for the item. If they refuse or ignore you, tell them that you will be reporting them to their local police for having stolen property, which will result in a criminal record. They can't have the item and the money. Hopefully it will be enough to scare them into paying.

This is one of the many reasons I stopped selling overseas.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

it sounds more like an issue with ebay though. I would report ebay to the NSW fair trading in which they are registered if they "decided" to just refund a buyer with no options.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

I'll be back in the UK in 3 weeks, would you like me to go round wif me baseball bat and invite them to pay up? base.jpg

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Yes Phorum Junkie good idea..I am trying to contact buyer but he is ignoring me,I emailed ebay but they are ignoring me to..They say to make an appeal.But when I try through the sellers dashboard.It says the item isnt there.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

JJ don't bother emailing eBay, you'll get nowhere. You need to call them and let them know the buyer has received their item, provide them with the tracking number which they check and that you would like your money back that they refunded back to the buyer.

the buyer is probably thinking "ooh goodie, I got the item for free" hence why they won't respond to your emails.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Post details of the case onto ebay's UK facebook page. Make sure you shame them good for their enabling of this type of fraud.

You probably will get a quicker response.

https://www.facebook.com/ebayuksdbargins/?fref=ts

Also if the payment was made using paypal, ring paypal to complain as you may be covered by paypal seller protection if tracking shows the item as having been delivered.

If you get nowhere talking to paypal then file a complaint against them with the FOS.

https://www.fos.org.au/resolving-disputes/before-you-lodge-a-dispute/

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

I am not sure who refunded ...Ebay say I owe them and also Paypal say owe them ..I think it's Ebay UK .but Paypal are asking for money to..confusing,I will ring Ebay Australia but what if it's Ebay UK.Strange

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

If the buyer is in the U.K., then it will be ebay UK. Ebay Australia will just tell you to talk to ebay UK and the only way to do that is call ebay Australia at a time when ebay UK is also open, which is about 7 or 8pm est. You will have to explain the situation to ebay Australia first.
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply