Buyer is claiming she wants free postage or she wont pay even though postage was clearly stated.

A buyer bid on and won an auction .She then messaged me saying she only bid with the condition of free postge ( even though the postage cost was clearly stataed). She is saying that if I accept free postage she'll buy it but if I dont she wont. Basically trying the blackmail / bargaining! 

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Buyer is claiming she wants free postage or she wont pay even though postage was clearly stated.

If she doesn't pay within 4 days open an unpaid item case with eBay, then 4 days later you can close it and get your money back.

The non-payer will then get a strike on their account 1 more in 12 months and she won't be able to buy from any seller with their buyer blocks in place. She also will not be able to leave feedback for you.

Put her on your blocked buyer list.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/setting-buyer-requirements?...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

Re: Buyer is claiming she wants free postage or she wont pay even though postage was clearly stated.

Tell the buyer you're happy to give her free postage, but updating the terms of the sale attracts a $25 administration fee.

Then follow through with padi's advice above 🙂

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Do all of what's been said.

Stop any communication with her.

And when you re-list.....put the price up, just in case she uses someone else's account to buy again.

I'd put it up by the cost of the postage........ and offer free postage on it.

But then,  I'm evil   Mischievous Emoji GIF - Mischievous Emoji EvilSmile - Discover ...

Oh no....wait....that's vile, not evil.

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

After politely letting her know that a bid is legally binding and that i hoped shed do the right thing and follow through with the purchase she said she'd pay when she got some money and that "It better be goid quality or she'd return it"!!! In other words she'll probably return it 😞
Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

After politely letting her know that a bid is legally binding and that i hoped shed do the right thing and follow through with the purchase she said she'd pay when she got some money and that "It better be goid quality or she'd return it"!!! In other words she'll probably return it Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

Haha thank you 😉 She now says if she buys it it better be good quality or she'll return it!.. more blackmail
Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

I see you mentioned a blocked buyers list, could you elaborate how this is done and is there a blocked sellers list that I can use please.
There are a few I would never like to buy anything from by accidently not reading something properly.
Am the type of person if I like something I buy it without always looking at the sellers name etc.
Thank you.

I call things as I see it, if that is a problem for you, then that is what it is.... your problem not mine.
Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

Sounds like trouble with a capital T.

I'd be very tempted to just cancel the transaction, personally, rather than give her the opportunity to pay and complain about whatever she finds to complain about - in fact I probably would have done this the second they said "free post or I'm not paying", as that's simply unacceptable behaviour, and people like that will try to find a way to get their way, 99% of the time, either by trying to wheedle a partial refund after they get the item, or false claims of not as described. 

Perhaps you could tell her the quality is just kinda ok, and since it appears the transaction isn't going to meet her requirements, in regards to postage costs or quality, would she prefer to just cancel? Or something to that effect, in the hopes she will just agree and go away. Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

@laiwhe0 wrote:

I see you mentioned a blocked buyers list, could you elaborate how this is done and is there a blocked sellers list that I can use please.
There are a few I would never like to buy anything from by accidently not reading something properly.
Am the type of person if I like something I buy it without always looking at the sellers name etc.
Thank you.

There is no blocked seller's list.....you just have to remember who you don't wish to buy from.

I doubt that there is any chance of you buying from any sellers who have been reading the boards the last few days.....you would already be blocked by most of them.

And you would not know anyway.....most of the posters here do not use their selling accounts to post here.

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply