Buyer opened Dispute on INR through Ebay Denmark - it's not showing up in my Paypal cases

I sold an item on another of my IDs
Buyer is in Denmark. I am in Australia.
I received email notification of INR dispute and Ebay message to my official Ebay inbox saying the same, but NOTHING is showing up in my PAYPAL open cases (no cases there at all).
HOWEVER, there is a temporary hold placed on the funds - that I can see in my transactions. But there is no option there for me to refund the buyer (which I wish to do), as the funds are on hold.
My question is, there is no option for me to respond to the case, even though in the email it says I must respond by June 9.
Actually if  I look in the Paypal Open Cases, there is nothing there, but there is a small yellow icon above where the cases are that says, "See your Denmark cases".
If I click on in it takes me to a login screen for Ebay Denmark. 
If I login with my normal details, it takes me to a Paypal dispute case completely in Danish. I do not know where to click or what to do as I cannot read or understand any of it.
In my original email it says I can choose to refund the Buyer if I wish, and to click on a link which will show me how to do this.
If I click on the link it takes me to an Ebay Denmark page which I cannot understand any of, as it is in Danish.

I'm at an impasse. Surely this is a glitch in the system.
Is this normal? Surely it should actually be in my Paypal cases, (in english), so I can respond from there?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer opened Dispute on INR through Ebay Denmark - it's not showing up in my Paypal cases

Try using Chrome as the browser when you view the pages, a little window will pop up on the top right asking if you want the page translated into English (basically, google will translate what they can right there on the page). If the window doesn't pop up, look for this symbol google translate.JPG in the far right of the URL bar (next to the favourites star). 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Buyer opened Dispute on INR through Ebay Denmark - it's not showing up in my Paypal cases

Appears to possibly be a programming oversight.

If it is not in PayPal under resolution centre, I would call ebay and explain that you would like to respond to the case but cannot.

Customer support, top right then contact ebay.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

If the dispute was opened through ebay (and not through Paypal) then it doesn't show up as an open case in Paypal even though the funds have a temporary hold.

You will need to process the refund through the ebay site in Denmark as that is where the dispute has been opened.

It might be worthwhile calling ebay customer service to see if they can talk you through it.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Try using Chrome as the browser when you view the pages, a little window will pop up on the top right asking if you want the page translated into English (basically, google will translate what they can right there on the page). If the window doesn't pop up, look for this symbol google translate.JPG in the far right of the URL bar (next to the favourites star). 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

You have stated that there has been a dispute raised thru PayPal in DEnmark.

Why not phone PayPal and talk to them.  They can bring up disputes from anywhere in the world on your account and sort it out for you.

Just log into your PayPal account and go through the Contact cutton and phone them using the code they provide you.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

In the interim, to find out what it says, cut and paste the message into google translate - (translate dot google dot com) then either select the 'detect language' option, or click the down arrow next to that and select Danish. I have found it to be a godsend at times and most of the time translates quite well. If there's a word that doesn't translate, it could be because they forgot to put a space somewhere. I actually have it open all the time now. Mostly to see what someone's negative feedback might say that is in a different language, but more recently to communicate with a German buyer who's package seems to have gone missing in transit. He doesn't speak any English. I initially wrote a reply to him using the translator because he made an enquiry about some items I had listed, not expecting that there was going to be a lot more communicating after the sale took place! 

If you decide to reply in Danish using the translator, type in the message you want to write, then cut and paste the translation back into the first box because sometimes what you write in English, isn't what comes out in the language you are translating to. Sometimes it's just a matter of changing a word to a similar one. 

I'm still in 2 minds whether to keep offering international postage. Most people don't want to pay the extra for tracking because of the cost and now I've had something go missing, which has probably been intercepted by customs in Germany, which I'll probably end up having to refund for. Too many dramas.

I really hope everything works out for you.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you Digital Ghost for that most helpful information!
I did as you said, and it worked. It translated the page and allowed me to complete the refund.
I must say it's a rather silly way for the whole process to be conducted, and I have never refunded through a process that wasn't direct using Paypal before.
It was all rather odd.
If only the buyer had just written to me first. Oh well.
But it is done, and complete. Case closed and refund issued.
I just hope this doesn't mean I will receive a defect now!!!

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

In most other countries disputes are opened and decided by ebay buyer protection with the refunds being made through Paypal regardless of the payment method used to make the payment.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply