Buyer opened INR but i delivered it to their address

I sold an $12 item which  had FREE shiping on the 27th October and as the buyer was only 2 klm  I delivered it myself  . There was no one at home so put in in the letter box and took a photo . Now the buyer has open a case  i have offered  a  replacement but had no reply from the customer via messages  Ebay dosent have any links to  upload the photos in the dispute section  and cant contact themby phone   only by a useless automated chat  

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Buyer opened INR but i delivered it to their address

And get a policy strike for a false positive if the buyer is aware of the facility. As they probably are.

Bad advice.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

@offroad7400 wrote:
You go out of your way to help a buyer and they turn around and screw you. Yes, it sucks. I make a point of taking a photo of the item at their front door.

Doesn't count as tracking though.

Leave negative 'positive' feedback. SCAMMER. SCAMMER. SCAMMER across the whole page so there is a record if ever someone checks back on their feedback.

Don't get angry - get even.

Thank you for outing yourself as a seller who thinks the rules don't apply to you.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/community-content-policy?id=4265

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

It's certainly what you might feel like doing, but realistically, it isn't much good because the buyer can get it removed, it violates the rules.

But more to the pojnt, it is a 'positive' comment. Now I don't know about you, but when I check out a seller, I click on the negs & neutrals, I don't read many of the positives.

Any positive feedback soon moves down the page anyway if a person makes a few transactions and is lost to sight so the lasting effect of giving a false positive is it boosts the feedback score of the person, makes them look better than they really are. Last thing you want to happen!

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

How exactly is that getting even?

Against eBay rules as you are well aware

eBay will remove the comment and likely leave the green tick without a comment

OP will be the one getting canned by eBay, not the buyer

And I doubt many reading such dodgey advice would want to buy from someone so happily giving it 

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@offroad7400 wrote:
You go out of your way to help a buyer and they turn around and screw you. Yes, it sucks. I make a point of taking a photo of the item at their front door.

Doesn't count as tracking though.

Leave negative 'positive' feedback. SCAMMER. SCAMMER. SCAMMER across the whole page so there is a record if ever someone checks back on their feedback.

Don't get angry - get even.

How do you know they are a scammer?

We have stuff disappear from mail boxes/door steps on our street.

I have a PO Box to mitigate loses, but if I have to have something delivered to my house, I have tracking turned on.

As soon as I'm notified I go out and collect it or, if I'm away, I have an arrangement to text my neighbour to collect it

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Happened to me. Buyer was disgruntled because she paid for "postage" despite me going out of my way to deliver it. So I changed the invoice to local pick up and refunded her the postage.  She knows damn well she received it (her post box is built into the building wall and accessible from the inside.  I let her know very politely that scamming and lying is not a nice thing to do!

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Sometimes, items will be delivered but the postie doesn't update the tracking. I've had it happen. Contacted buyer and they were happy to say they received their item even though tracking was still showing as in transit. Lucky I had an honest buyer!

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply