Buyer was not charged postage

I'm really confused as to why this has happened but I just sold an item that was listed with an extra $15 postage cost however the buyer was not charged postage and was processed with free postage. Even when I go to sell similar, it says $15 postage cost. I have reached out to the buyer but am waiting for a response. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Any advice/help would be much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Buyer was not charged postage

@anttrova-50 wrote:

Yes that's right, but not with this one. I had local pickup selected for this one as it was a bigger item plus the additional postage charge. 

Nope, it shows "free postage".

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

It showed up with free postage because I was told by the buyer that they had eBay plus that allowed them to get free postage on the item. 

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

Have a read through the link below for the benefits of eBay Plus for buyers - that will also answer your question on express postage.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/buying-ebay-plus/buying-ebay-plus?id=4755&st=3&pos=2&query=Buyin...

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

Edit the listing and see if free postage has been ticked which over rides any postage charge showing.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

Ebay plus members only get free post on ebay plus listings.  For an item to qualify as an ebay plus listing, the seller must list the item with free postage.

Ebay plus members are entitled to a free upgrade to express post, for which ebay pays the seller a nominal fee depending on the item price.

So ebay plus members do not get free post, unless it is offered by the seller, and it has been that way ever since ebay plus was introduced.

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

Just to add, while hard quiz was listed with free postage, it did not qualify for or carry the ebay plus listing badge.

None of your current listings or sold items show as ebay plus listings.

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

That is honestly so bizzare. I know 100% did not list it with free postage. I will have to contact eBay directly I guess..

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

Even when I go to sell similar, the postage amount comes up with $15.00, which is what I had in the listing

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

@anttrova-50 wrote:

I will have to contact eBay directly I guess..

I suspect that all eBay CS will see is the completed listing with "free postage' on it, but good luck with it anyway.

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

Postage terms and buy now price was revised on 12th of Feb.  Guessing that is when the $15 postage was changed to free post.

If I use sell it myself, it also shows $15 postage,  so can only assume that was the original listing details, prior to the Feb revision.

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply