Buyers who cant be bothered leaving feedback

Anonymous
Not applicable

An increasing annoyance of mine is buyers who just cant be bothered leaving any feedback

Out of my last 20 sales i only have 10 of them who have left me feedback (2 of them are recent sales) and 8 people are yet to leave any feedback and its been weeks.

Feedback is important as i know my item has arrived safely, plus im trying to build up my business and i want positive feedback to hopefully generate more customers.

My policy on selling is simple. I use good customer service. I always contact the buyer and thank them for their purchase and quick payment (if they paid instantly). I always let them know when i will be posting their item. I always leave positive feedback once they have made their payment and mark item posted as soon as i post it. I even contact the customer to let them know that i have sent it, Good friendly and professional customer service is not hard.

Some of by customers really appreciate it and let me know. Others just dont care, i never hear from them and they dont bother to leave any feedback.

Does this happen alot to other sellers? what strategies do you have to aid in helping. I have sent a few friendly reminders about people "forgetting to leave me feedback". The odd time it works but most of the time it doesnt.

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Buyers who cant be bothered leaving feedback

30% !! We are lucky to get 1 feedback in 20 sales and have simply now stopped giving buyers feedback.  Feedback is a by product back of the old days when auctions reigned.  It is slowly becoming irrelevant and mostly serves for buyers to have a whinge when something goes wrong.

With the new 500 word field, eBay appears to be morphing feedback into an Amazon style product review feature.

Message 51 of 55
Latest reply

I have return buyers who obviously like my items and service, but still no feedback!

I guess no feedback is good feedback 😪

Message 52 of 55
Latest reply

If you focus too much on this it will send you around the bend. 

Remember Feedback is Voluntary, so you have absolutely no control over whether they leave it or not.

If you are doing all the right things by your customers then that is all you should worry about.

I know that it is frustrating- all sellers feel your pain- but you are banging your head against a brick wall. 

There are many reasons why a buyer might not want to leave feedback, and if you try to work through them all you will never understand or change them.  

Focus on your store, your listings and your own customer contact. If you are happy with what you do and can sleep at night knowing that your actions are the very best, then smile and be happy and content.

You are one of the good ones (we all know there are some terrible sellers out there).

Well Done, keep doing what you are doing, and you will attract repeat business, and good buyers.

Wishing you lots of sales for 2022, Good Luck.   

Message 53 of 55
Latest reply

If they are return buyers, then yes, that's a good thing and they were obviously happy first time around.

Some people give feedback, some don't, no need for sellers to fret too much about what can't be changed.

I think feedback is useful for sellers to some extent, in that it can help to show a buyer that someone has a long and steady track record. But once it is over a certain amount (I don't know precisely what amount, maybe around 50-100?), then the exact number won't matter too much.

I do think ebay feedback is changing to allow buyers to more or less review the product they buy as well as the transaction itself.

Message 54 of 55
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 55 of 55
Latest reply