CLICK & COLLECT WW & BW - security issues etc

chook88
Community Member

Anyone had any issues with security, parcels going astray?

Buyer not collecting parcels, seller get negged etc?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: CLICK & COLLECT WW & BW - security issues etc

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have only used it twice to comply with the rules of a promotion.....would not use it otherwise as it is rather slow and cumbersome.

There have been a few members on the boards complaining of parcels going missing but not as many as I thought may crop up.

If an item is not picked up within a week it is returned to the seller....and it is hard for the buyer not to know that it is available for pickup....ebay sends a reminder every day from the day that they notify you that the item is at WW/BW for pickup.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

According to the C&C rules, once the item reaches the store and the buyer is notified that it is ready for pickup the seller is deemed to have delivered and the buyer can no longer claim item not received.  I daresay if you got a neg in that situation eBay would remove it.  It is the buyer's responsibility to collect within the appropriate timeframe.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

I am being opted-in next week and I will be opting straight out.

It requires 'free' postage and tracked parcels.

My 'free' post items are large letter, and my tracked parcels are not 'free' post so I can combine for multiples.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

yep...opting out as well....biggest load of 'crock'. I wish they'd leave us alone....
Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

I got the email this morning saying I'd be able to use it next week. I didn't bother reading it because I'm not interested. Are we automatically opted in? None of my items qualify either, for the same reasons as you.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

I just got the email on both my selling IDs to say I would be opted in next week.  Went straight to the Seller Centre to opt out.  It sent me to my preferences page where I was told to tick the box to opt out of C&C, there is no such box.  Can't find anything in preferences that has anything to do with C&C.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

And have several stories of items being signed for by Big W staff, then suddenly the parcel goes missing.

Buyer is then told by seller they have signature proof of delivery and Big W say you need to work it out with the seller.

tippy, I think anyone with free post is sent notification. Whether it's auto opted in, don't know.

Perhaps check the relevant listings to see if C n C appears. Be good to know.

Penny, you prob need to wait until it actually appears on your account.

image host
Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

I just got the email on both my selling IDs to say I would be opted in next week.  Went straight to the Seller Centre to opt out.  It sent me to my preferences page where I was told to tick the box to opt out of C&C, there is no such box.  Can't find anything in preferences that has anything to do with C&C.

Same here.

I'm assuming/hoping the opt-out option appears once we are opted-in.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

It appears under postage preferences and any of your free postage items will have it showing unless you opt out. I tried it on some of my listings for a while but I really don't think that 4 sales over a 6 month period warrants offering it at all. When I was opted in I had to go through any free postage listing that didn't qualify and untick the box within the listing - it just wasn't worth the time it took.

In answer to the OP, I had no issues with the few that we did send.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply