COVID-19 and shipping delays ...negative feedback?

Got two inquiries today from buyers overseas wondering where are the items I sold them 6 weeks ago.

I tracked the numbers on AustPost and both items are still sitting in Sydney!

Obviously we're in the midst of a pandemic and this is affecting everyone. I'm concerned about getting neg feedback, however.

Anyone know if eBay is being 'understanding' about shipping delays at this time?

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

I am so hearing you there kustom-65. 

We must both be to blame for COVID-19!!!

Message 51 of 56
Latest reply

I have been telling my customers that I do not get money until the item has been delivered. Not sure if that helps but they need to know it affects us selllers. 

Message 53 of 56
Latest reply

I opened a inquiry on USPS web and they closed it 2 days later even though the item has not moved. So opened it again with no one getting in touch with e via email or phone call. I also looked to call the USPS and it has a waiting time until mid-January. WOW

Message 54 of 56
Latest reply

@karisam99 wrote:

I opened a inquiry on USPS web and they closed it 2 days later even though the item has not moved. So opened it again with no one getting in touch with e via email or phone call. I also looked to call the USPS and it has a waiting time until mid-January. WOW

You've landed on the Australian eBay forums, so your post is really of no relevance, as we don't have USPS here. Covid here is nearly a distant memory, because people accepted the lockdowns and tight restrictions, as opposed to America, who feel it's a violation of your rights and civil liberties, and are going backwards as far as getting the pandemic under control. Postage for the most part here is back to normal, as is life in general.

Message 55 of 56
Latest reply

@karisam99 wrote:

I think with current events, USPS is heavily overwhelmed right now - online shopping has seen a massive increase, Christmas is in less than a week, and a month+ ago for obvious reasons there was an unprecedented amount of mail being sent out and back (ballots), which were prioritised over other articles. If you also have restricted travel (eg fewer flights etc) USPS staff having to observe social distancing and so on like we have here, you've got a perfect situation for extensive delays to most aspects of the service. 

Anyway, good luck with the new president. 👍 Smiley Happy

Message 56 of 56
Latest reply