COVID-19 and shipping delays ...negative feedback?

Got two inquiries today from buyers overseas wondering where are the items I sold them 6 weeks ago.

I tracked the numbers on AustPost and both items are still sitting in Sydney!

Obviously we're in the midst of a pandemic and this is affecting everyone. I'm concerned about getting neg feedback, however.

Anyone know if eBay is being 'understanding' about shipping delays at this time?

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

@negron18 wrote:

that no parcels have left australia since late march

Some parcels must be getting through - I sent a parcel to USA on 1 April and have received feedback from the buyer.

Message 31 of 56
Latest reply

i dont keep physical receipts as i thought having uploaded tracking numbers is sufficient proof that the parcel has been sent, but from now on i will keep all receipts for international sales.

Message 32 of 56
Latest reply

I keep them all for 12 months.

Message 33 of 56
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I stopped international postage on 20th April, thinking I'd be on top of it.

Nope.

The INR's are coming in now. 

ALL from USA.

And the arrogance!     Demanding refunds....not one asking.

Covid is not their problem, it seems.

No patience and waiting for them,  Oh no.

Refunding large amounts and blocking.

They'll get their refund, and the item eventually.

Will not post to USA ever again, even after this whole mess clears up.

And before anyone asks,  I do letters with no tracking.

Never been a problem with my repeat buyers before.

I think you are absolutely right. post can often be slow but rarely fails to make it at all (in 1st world countries, anyway).

Hopefully those buyers, when they do receive their item, will let you know and repay you for it.

Some won't as they may look on it asa  case of not needing the item by then or they may have bought a replacement. But fingers crossed you do get some honest ones.

Message 34 of 56
Latest reply

I don't do international, just domestic post with no tracking and I have to say my buyers have been exceptionally patient.

Yes, of course some huff and puff about having to wait sooooo long, but they are a tiny minority. In all cases, the item has eventually arrived, but not before I've briefed the customer on Australia Post's latest statements regarding service delays, and also delicately explained to them that standard letter post is AusPost's lowest priority right now. 

It's taking a lot of extra time to keep in touch with customers and keeping them assured that the item will (probably) arrive eventually but it seems to be worth the effort. I don't envy you on those international buyers though. 

Message 35 of 56
Latest reply

4 weeks after posting, my parcel has finally arrived in the US. It's in New York, so not sure if it will be held up there or not. Thankfully I'd told my buyer it could take 6-8 weeks to arrive. I've not heard from them, so at this stage they are being patient.

Message 36 of 56
Latest reply

FYI tippy, in another topic about international shipping delays, the OP gave their tracking number for an item sent to the USA.

Their item was scanned into New York on 30 April, and delivered to the buyer 13 May.

So if you wanted to manage buyer your buyer's expectations, that time-frame could be somewhat of a guide for you.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 37 of 56
Latest reply

Thanks Tazzie, that's good to know. I'm confused why it would have gone to NY, given I don't think there are direct flights from Aus to NY. Unless of course it went by boat.

Message 38 of 56
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Thanks Tazzie, that's good to know. I'm confused why it would have gone to NY, given I don't think there are direct flights from Aus to NY. Unless of course it went by boat.

Which is still the long way round.

Message 39 of 56
Latest reply

The item I sent to the USA on April 9 finally arrived in San Fransisco on May 22, then four days later it was at another facility in CA. Now it just has to get to the buyer in Utah.

The package I sent to Germany at the same time is still sitting in Sydney according to Austpost tracking.

Oh, I've stopped offering international postage alright.

Message 40 of 56
Latest reply