COVID-19 and shipping delays ...negative feedback?

Got two inquiries today from buyers overseas wondering where are the items I sold them 6 weeks ago.

I tracked the numbers on AustPost and both items are still sitting in Sydney!

Obviously we're in the midst of a pandemic and this is affecting everyone. I'm concerned about getting neg feedback, however.

Anyone know if eBay is being 'understanding' about shipping delays at this time?

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

After arriving in NY on May 22, the latest tracking update in My Post says "Arrived at Facility UNITED STATES" on May 25. Mine is going to Minnesota.

That's weird. I just checked the USPS site, and it says the parcel was in San Fran on May 22, then Santa Clarita Ca on May 25th, and May 27 saying it's in transit to the next faciity. I'm guessing USPS would be more accurate at this point?

Message 41 of 56
Latest reply

My package to the USA made it to the buyer last week, and all is well... in that case at least.

This morning I see that eBay has taken $50 from my PayPal account to 'refund' the buyer in Germany, even though he has said in writing he would wait until 15 June.

I have tracking and the receipt to prove I sent his item the day after receiving his payment, but evidently that counts for nothing.

Looks like COVID-19 is my fault, folks! I do apologise to the world at large for that.

Message 42 of 56
Latest reply

@kustomizer99 wrote:

Looks like COVID-19 is my fault, folks! I do apologise to the world at large for that.

The CPC will be relieved to hear that, but prepare to receive some heat from the great Orange one now!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 43 of 56
Latest reply

Does anyone have eBay Australia's phone number? It is, of course, impossible to find. Even on Google.

Message 44 of 56
Latest reply

No point.  They've shut down the phones, since you launched the virus on to the world.

Message 45 of 56
Latest reply

Dang, I should have thought my nefarious plan through a little better.

I was on hold to AustPost for half an hour this afternoon. They confirmed that all international mail is going by ship during the current plague. My package is en route via sea and it could take up to three months.
Message 46 of 56
Latest reply

Ebay have no understanding of shipping delays at the moment.  I have lost money by forced refunds about 8-10 times now, even though I had provided tracking information.  And most of the time, the buyer has received their parcel within a week or two of receiving their refund.  And do you think Ebay will do anything about it?  Nope.  It's the old excuse of having to appeal within 30 days.

Absolutely ridiculous that sellers are losing money even though tracking information is provided and no provision is made by Ebay (or the customers for that matter) for the extended delays in international shipping during the current crisis.

Of course, I have contacted the customers but they don't care about being honest and sending payment for an item they have now received for free.

Message 47 of 56
Latest reply

I've just submitted a complaint about my case to the ACCC. You should do so as well, as should anyone else who's had money taken from them and been subject to eBay's empty promises of when items can supposedly be expected to arrive. As if anyone has control over COVID-19 delays.

I also spoke to Australia Post yesterday and they agreed that eBay has no legal grounding to claim timelines in which packages will be arriving overseas, when nobody currently has a clue.

Message 48 of 56
Latest reply

I had a customer asking a refund for delay in shipping to US. Granted in minutes while tracking clearly states it is in customs in the US... I took down all my items. Will sell only through other channels that grand better seller protection from now on. Did I mention I am 20 year ebay seller with 100% status.
Message 49 of 56
Latest reply

Same here, 21 year eBay buyer and seller with a perfect record. I just went to look at the resolution page for this case and it says I didn't provide a valid tracking number. I MOST CERTAINLY DID!

I really wish they wouldn't employ trained marmosets.

Message 50 of 56
Latest reply