COVID-19 and shipping delays ...negative feedback?

Got two inquiries today from buyers overseas wondering where are the items I sold them 6 weeks ago.

I tracked the numbers on AustPost and both items are still sitting in Sydney!

Obviously we're in the midst of a pandemic and this is affecting everyone. I'm concerned about getting neg feedback, however.

Anyone know if eBay is being 'understanding' about shipping delays at this time?

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Thus far, I have no forced refunds for INR.

Buyers seem to be mostly accepting of the situation.

Each receives a message after purchase, reminding them of the troubles, my delivery estimate and an offer to cancel prior to sending.

The most overdue has a delivery estimate of the 3rd of April, to Germany. I've kept contact and he seems willing to wait.

Otherwise, just one other query from a customer, whose parcel arrived two days later.

One cancellation from about 60 international sales over the past 7 weeks. Most have been delivered or close.

For the past few weeks, I've offered express only, as real delivery times for Standard were ballooning well beyond OzPost estimates .

Message 21 of 56
Latest reply

We are being swamped with inquiries and complaints about non-receipt.  So far the majority this is for  items sent in the first half of April.

The worst case (for us) is a package worth a substantial amount sent by Express Post to Sweden in early April is simply lost in the system. 

The best AusPost can tell me is that as of 15th April the package is awaiting "international departure".  Forthunately the buyer is very understanding.

Not like a USA buyer, that is using the previously eBay quoted 2 week delivery indication to open an INR claim.  We have supplied the buyer with proof of postage, tracking etc ., and evidence AusPost sayto expect a 5-7 week delay, yet they still demand a refund as INR!

Message 22 of 56
Latest reply

I stopped international postage on 20th April, thinking I'd be on top of it.

Nope.

The INR's are coming in now. 

ALL from USA.

And the arrogance!     Demanding refunds....not one asking.

Covid is not their problem, it seems.

No patience and waiting for them,  Oh no.

Refunding large amounts and blocking.

They'll get their refund, and the item eventually.

Will not post to USA ever again, even after this whole mess clears up.

And before anyone asks,  I do letters with no tracking.

Never been a problem with my repeat buyers before.

Message 23 of 56
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I stopped international postage on 20th April, thinking I'd be on top of it.

Nope.

The INR's are coming in now. 

ALL from USA.

And the arrogance!     Demanding refunds....not one asking.

Covid is not their problem, it seems.

No patience and waiting for them,  Oh no.

Refunding large amounts and blocking.

They'll get their refund, and the item eventually.

Will not post to USA ever again, even after this whole mess clears up.

And before anyone asks,  I do letters with no tracking.

Never been a problem with my repeat buyers before.

That's because in the Failed States of America, people have rights!  How dare you keep them waiting, stawks, even during a pandemic (or media beat-up, depending on who you ask over there)! USA and its citizens are the best and biggliest in the Whole World, so just be a good lowly Australian and do as you're told.

But seriously, I'm sorry to hear that - people are unreasonable.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 24 of 56
Latest reply

You are also not doing high volume by the looks.
Message 25 of 56
Latest reply

What do you consider high volume?

60 over 7 weeks is at least medium volume.

And far higher than I would risk.

Message 26 of 56
Latest reply

30+ transactions a day, in my opinion. is high volume. 60 over 7 weeks in my opinion is relatively small.
Message 27 of 56
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:

30+ transactions a day, in my opinion. is high volume. 60 over 7 weeks in my opinion is relatively small.

That's 60 international sales over 7 weeks, their comleted listings are far higher than that.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 28 of 56
Latest reply

Ive sent to USA with tracking and still lost the case with paypal as they want proof with a receipt of lodgement, yes buyers get a refund and now will eventually get the parcel also. Paypal have leanancy or case or knowledge that no parcels have left australia since late march

Message 29 of 56
Latest reply

@negron18 wrote:

Ive sent to USA with tracking and still lost the case with paypal as they want proof with a receipt of lodgement, yes buyers get a refund and now will eventually get the parcel also. Paypal have leanancy or case or knowledge that no parcels have left australia since late march

If you're sending with tracking why wouldn't you have a lodgement receipt?

Paypal's onus on the seller is significantly less than eBay's. Which is why buyers would use eBay's MBG and Paypal's protection would not come into it.

Message 30 of 56
Latest reply