Can I get scammed?

ra7250
Community Member

I am selling real Items not boxes if you know what I mean, I am selling a so called "(YouTuber Bundle) 500Gb PS4 (Jet Black) Elagto HD 60 + RIG Headset + 2 PS4 Games" Local only, if a buyer buys it for $500 (any amount) and he picks it up and pays with PayPal, can he put a dispute or refund,ect? Example : He picks up the items pays with Paypal and he wants a refund (item dosent work,ect) Will he get his money? If so he has to return my items right? Like I have to press a button saying he has returned them? If so please tell me thanks.

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Can I get scammed?

Can you get scammed? Possibly, if you don't actually understand things like selling on eBay, selling online, dropshipping (which would not seem to be an issue if the buyer is picking up from you), intellectual property....

Can any of your buyers be scammed? Probably, given your penchant for misleading listings, feedback extortion and many other breaches of eBay policies. Not to mention your apparent lack of care and attention to selling.

I am guessing you are 16 and this is your dad's account, which he forgot he opened.

Message 51 of 52
Latest reply

Re: Can I get scammed?

Definitely. Had a couple of issues last year.  One is on another forum, so wont go into. Had one on another ebay site we have where the buyer purchased from our webstore/freight free a couple of times over a month and then two weeks later from our Ebay site/plus freight. He knew the items were cheaper on our webstore before the Ebay purchase. He claimed damage in transit on the Ebay purchase so we reshipped. And he claimed again for damage in transit on the reship. Our packaging is heavy duty and we have never previously had any claims at all EVER, so two, days apart, was outstanding to say the least. We requested images for both. Fortunately we were able to show the hole in the double packaging (internal bag and external envelope) were too small for the items to have fallen out as he claimed (and the product is solid metal and indestructable). Simply a case of trying to 'double dip' because he figured ebay would either refund him or he'd get a freebe (which he did).

Buyer was using a psuedonym as well. Blocked now.

Message 52 of 52
Latest reply