Can I put links to my other eBay accounts?

Hi.  Can I put a link to my other eBay account in my listings?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

goldeagle1970
Community Member

just copy and paste your other ID, worked for me

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

We have 5x selling IDs and have been putting links in the description area for ages to our other stores.

So far we've not had any problems or questions from ebay about doing it.

I think the problems will arise if you try to insert links to offsite web pages. eg your own private website. That will definitely attract attention.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Ok.  Thank you Clarry100.  That's very helpfulMan Happy

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Yes! I have a 《click here》button in my non-store listings to my store.
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

What if I don't have a store?  I'm just a small time seller, Grandma actually so be nice, and I do this as a hobby as well as to help make ends meet.  I have four eBay accounts that my husband and I use to sell different kinds of items.  Can I or am I allowed to put links to my other accounts in my listings even though they're not stores?

Thank you

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

You could link to your My World page with something like:

Check out my other listings on my other ID!  

http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/chris.collect?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Or you could do a hyperlink to your other ID My World page with a bit of html in your listing template like my you did for your other items

The only thing you can't do on ebay is link to an external site for selling.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I can remember reading somewhere on eBay that if you are selling, for example, ladies shoes  on one ID, then you can't put in your listing  .. for example, see my other ID xxxx for lingerie & nightwear.

It might be better to contact ebay customer service and ask them ( hopefully you will get someone that knows what they are talking about).

You wouldn't be allowed to promote other ebay accounts that are not in your name.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

All of our selling IDs are for the same types of items that we make and sell. Two are store IDs and three are non store IDs. We have cross linking between all of them and have had no trouble from anyone about it. Mainly we like to link from the auction items to our stores so that as the auctions near the end and bubble towards the top of the search results then buyers might jump over and browse thru our stores.
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

The last time I asked ebay if this could be done the answer was a definite no - whether that has changed or not I am not sure.

I would seek clarification from ebay before adding links to other ebay accounts within the listing.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply