Can ebay refund buyer without looking at my postage evidence???

I posted a parcel to Canada, using Australia Post registered air mail, with signature required on delivery but without online tracking. The buyer opened a case saying that he did not receive the parcel. I requested Australia Post to investigate this parcel immediately. While Australia Post is still investigating, I received a message from ebay saying that they will contact me if they have any questions.

A few days ago, I checked my paypal account and suddenly found that the money was already refunded. Ebay made final decision without asking any questions, even without informing me the results.

I have all the evidence to prove that the parcel is posted. If ebay make a phone call to Australia Post, they can learn about the status of the parcel. How can ebay issue full refund without looking at the basic facts???

Douring the entire process. there is no option to upload/send any documents to ebay, so I sent them to the buyer in ebay system.

Ebay said that it is final decision.

Where is seller protection??? 

How can I resovle this problem with some justice? Can I bring it to ACCC or a small court?

I have long known that buyer and seller are not equal on ebay, but I have never realized that sellers can be ripped off like this....

It is a robbery, I would like to say.

Message 1 of 151
Latest reply
150 REPLIES 150

Re: Can ebay refund buyer without looking at my postage evidence???

Ebay refunded the buyer using my fund in May 

Now ebay is asking me to pay the same amount to ebay. There is no reason for this invoice. 

Message 141 of 151
Latest reply

I'm confused with the amount you're referring to. Is it $4.16, $416, $41.60?

You do know that in the event of a refund, it's you, the seller, that pays it don't you? Ebay certainly don't pay it. If they do, they then take the money from you.

As for a court case, good luck with that one. Even if it does make it to court and you win, there is no guarantee they will be forced to pay the costs. Therefore, it could very well cost you far more than one of the above amounts to prove your point. You'd be far better RINGING them, ask to speak to a supervisor and be calm and polite while speaking to them. If you go into a rant, nothing will happen and any requests will be ignored.

Message 142 of 151
Latest reply

The buyer paid me $41.6 in March

Ebay refunded the buyer $41.6 from my paypal account in May

Ebay also charged 7% transaction fee on my paypal account although the buyer's payment was fully refunded

Now, ebay is charging $41.6 on my paypal account again, for the same issue.

Is that clear enough to you???

Do you think an ebay seller should pay ebay $83.2 plus ebay transaction fee, for receiving only $41.6???

Is that fair to you???

Message 143 of 151
Latest reply

No, it's not clear to me because I still can't work out what the amount is you're referring to.

Have you called eBay and spoken politely to a supervisor? Don't make threats, don't go into a rant, just politely and calmly tell them the situation and ask them to have a look at your invoices. If there is an issue, they should fix it while you are on the phone. If you speak to them with guns blazing, you'll get nowhere. It's not the person you speak to's fault if there is an issue with your invoice, but they can fix it, so no point biting their heads off.

Message 144 of 151
Latest reply

They're typing in calculator-speak, Tippy.       $41.60

Message 145 of 151
Latest reply

Thanks, I didn't know if they didn't have a 0 on their keyboard, or whether it was broken, or whether the decimal point was in the wrong spot. I never put 0's on the end when using a calculator, but generally speaking, if you are writing a dollar amount with an 0 on the end, you put an 0.

Message 146 of 151
Latest reply

Stop replying to my post. I remeber who you are

I do not talk to you.

Message 147 of 151
Latest reply

@oz2018 wrote:

I have sent a message to ebay to cancel this invoice.

You will probably be better off contacting eBay Customer Support via phone - I prefer using the callback option, though that still often means waiting on hold for a while, speaking to a live person is generally much easier than trying to get the point and/or facts across to the automated bots that seem to handle emails and the like.

In the mean time, I suggest you gather as much data / evidence of the initial refund from your PayPal account as you can, eg transaction ID, which eBay should be able to check to see that the refund to the buyer was indeed funded by the money in your PayPal account. 

Message 148 of 151
Latest reply

@oz2018 wrote:

The buyer paid me $41.6 in March

Ebay refunded the buyer $41.6 from my paypal account in May

Ebay also charged 7% transaction fee on my paypal account although the buyer's payment was fully refunded

Now, ebay is charging $41.6 on my paypal account again, for the same issue.

Is that clear enough to you???

Do you think an ebay seller should pay ebay $83.2 plus ebay transaction fee, for receiving only $41.6???

Is that fair to you???

If this type of double charging occurred with any of my accounts I would request a call back from eBay re a billing error.  I would have all the transaction details handy including transaction numbers so I can refer to them with ease.

It is my experience that eBay billing errors are easily sorted over the phone (by call back or discussion with a supervisor on request). That being said I am aware that some others have not found it so.

I would never consider taking an action to involve a third party (such as taking legal action) without trying to resolve it through direct discussion first.  

Message 149 of 151
Latest reply

I basically suggested the same thing and got told to go away. I wonder if you and cats will get told the same for trying to help? Maybe because I didn't advocate taking legal action, he didn't like my reply. Oh well, his loss. Let him try and fight it legally. We know who'll win.

Message 150 of 151
Latest reply