Can't get paid

Hi,

I've been an ebay member for 20 years. 100% rating. In Australia.

Sold an item for the first time. Can't get paid.

The verificaton process is flawed. I dont have a drivers license or passport. Only a proof of age card.

Cant upload the proof of age card as you have to input drivers license or passport info as well!

I've explained this to 4 different people and each time i have to start at the beginning. Nothing works.

Think they have blocked me now so i cant message them anymore. Too hard basket i guess.

Bank account was verified with microdeposits. The first section of the verification process should include the same options as the second section. Am i the only person in the world that doesnt have a drvers license or passport? pointing me to the user agreement ( which takes 2 weeks to read) is a cop out. They should not let you sell unless you can get paid. Worst experience ever. Any Ideas?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Can't get paid

Years ago, you used to be able to upload POA card to the Driver's License box.....will it not accept it?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Can't get paid

@twyngwyn wrote:

Years ago, you used to be able to upload POA card to the Driver's License box.....will it not accept it?

I think that only applies to some states where the POA card has a number the same as a DL.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Can't get paid

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It was a pick up only item.

If you'd insisted on cash on pick up, it would have been better/easier for you

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Can't get paid

@madjik25 wrote:

Hi,

I've been an ebay member for 20 years. 100% rating. In Australia.

Sold an item for the first time. Can't get paid.

The verificaton process is flawed. I dont have a drivers license or passport. Only a proof of age card.

Cant upload the proof of age card as you have to input drivers license or passport info as well!

I've explained this to 4 different people and each time i have to start at the beginning. Nothing works.

Think they have blocked me now so i cant message them anymore. Too hard basket i guess.

Bank account was verified with microdeposits. The first section of the verification process should include the same options as the second section. Am i the only person in the world that doesnt have a drvers license or passport? pointing me to the user agreement ( which takes 2 weeks to read) is a cop out. They should not let you sell unless you can get paid. Worst experience ever. Any Ideas?

Nope, every second person that comes in here doesn't have a licence or a passport. It's amazing how many people don't have a licence. Quite astonishing. Are you old enough to hold a licence? Did you put your POA number into the box that wanted a licence number?

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Can't get paid

@madjik25 wrote:

pointing me to the user agreement ( which takes 2 weeks to read) is a cop out. They should not let you sell unless you can get paid. Worst experience ever. Any Ideas?

My favourite comment,  you ticked the box that said you agreed to the 2 week long user agreement.  Not Ebays fault you didnt.  Not up to Ebay to make sure you meet the requirements,  thats personal responsibility.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Can't get paid

They should not let you sell unless you can get paid. 

That's it there, in a nutshell.

Ebay is very remiss in allowing anyone at all to list items if they are not fully verified and in the system.

It would be an easy thing for them to fix but they haven't.

I've been an ebay member for over 20 years too and my rating is 100% as well, but that means nothing as if a person has not been a regular seller, funds are placed on hold for 30 days after a sale and if a person is not in managed payments, they won't get paid, ever.  No matter how long they have been an ebay member.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Can't get paid

You said you sold your first item

Then you say you have 100% rating

ALL buyers have a 100% rating, that is all eBay allow

How long you have been a member has nothing to do with it

You ticked you had read and understood when you listed

You listed in the first place without being verified for Managed Payments (which has been a requirement for all sellers for almost four years)

You went ahead anyway

I'm not sure what you expected would happen?

Where was the money going to go?

How were you going to pay the fees?

Regardless of what eBay should'nt do re letting you sell, you still have a responsibility to know your obligations as a seller

Not just list something anyway because the rules won't apply to you

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Can't get paid

@springyzone wrote:

They should not let you sell unless you can get paid. 

That's it there, in a nutshell.

Ebay is very remiss in allowing anyone at all to list items if they are not fully verified and in the system.

It would be an easy thing for them to fix but they haven't.

I've been an ebay member for over 20 years too and my rating is 100% as well, but that means nothing as if a person has not been a regular seller, funds are placed on hold for 30 days after a sale and if a person is not in managed payments, they won't get paid, ever.  No matter how long they have been an ebay member.

Why is it an Ebay issue,  the OP shouldnt list if they know they can't be paid.   Logic says ok, I want to sell an item,  what is the reason for selling,  oh thats right I want the money (why else).  So if I list an item, how do I get paid,  maybe I should read up on how to get paid, and make sure I can get paid.

Why do people blame Ebay,  and no I don't get paid by Ebay.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Can't get paid

Hi springy,  the problem is that the verification process is not confined to just ebay and adyen, while all might initially seem OK, the plug can be pulled by other sources, and ebay/adyen must comply.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply