Can you sell an eBay ID? I thought it was the property of eBay

I came across a listing that is selling eBay Powerseller & Top Rated Seller Account

It clearly states that no business comes with it, just the ID

Does anyone here know if that is allowed now?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

In the user agreement, under all the 'thou shalt not' stuff, it says: while using the eBay services, you will not -

transfer your eBay account (including feedback) and User ID to another party without our consent;

I'm guessing the other party has to be known for eBay to consider granting consent, but I can't say for sure. 

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks digital*ghost ... that's what I thought.  🙂

The seller has it up for auction so there really is no opportunity for eBay to authorise it.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Took me a while to realise that it isn't even the same ID.

So people are expected to bid on an ID that they don't know, have no idea what the negs were for (feedback score was 99.6) or if the seller is going to ship out recent sales (Could end up getting a bunch of negs just after buying).

Hopefully people are not silly enough to buy it ... but as we know people get scammed all of the time 😞

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

wow they dont want much do they:O

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Considering that you cannot transfer ID & FB to another person; how could it be possibly allowed to sell it?  And of-course you cannot transfer FB, the whole point of FB is rating of a particular seller. 

I do not think ID is a property of eBay, it just belongs  to one person for ever.  If it could be transferred that would be absolutely perfect for scammers; they could buy an ID with 100% and 1000 sales, no restrictions, list few hundreds non existent items and walk away with a fortune before the NEGs would roll in.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member

So why hasn't ebay removed the listing? Clearly none of the seller's competitors have complained yet. 😐

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

As far as I know IDs remain the property of eBay. If you close one the name becomes available after a certain time for others to use, cleared of any previous activity.

Integrity is priceless.
“I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating”. Sophocles
Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

rjm6572
Community Member

is that the one for sale

eBay Selling Account ID + URL's 100% + Rating ~ 6 mos Training Support Provided

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

try eBay Powerseller & Top Rated Seller Account

In the description it states "It is an old account with all the old benefits before eBay imposed ridiculous conditions upon the very people who generate their income".

Do they think that 'updates' don't apply to old accounts?